Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite bordering state of Colorado.
Wyoming 12 22.22%
Nebraska 3 5.56%
Kansas 5 9.26%
Oklahoma 4 7.41%
New Mexico 20 37.04%
Utah 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times

Advertisements

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view about Colorado's neighboring states? Which neighboring state do you like the most? Do you ever take vacations excursions or purposeful visits to bordering states of Colorado? Given all the bordering states are quite different than Colorado itself, discuss your opinions on the state and what comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
I'm not into ranking things or liking something "the most", especially when asked to compare things that are so diverse using very subjective criteria, but here's my input in the bordering states.

Utah: like to vacation there. Moab is my husband's favorite place, but we also like Zion, Bryce, and the whole southwestern part of the state. Also, while I love skiing in Colorado, I had some really great powder days at Snowbird and Alta.
Wyoming: use it to drive across on I-80 on our way west. LOVE Yellowstone, but don't really care for the rest of the state.
Nebraska: Ugh. I-80 heading east.
Oklahoma: Ugh.
Kansas: Ugh. I-70 heading east.
New Mexico: like to vacation there, especially the Santa Fe/Taos area.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Wyoming: Big, empty, pretty and it has the Union Pacific Railroad main line that is still a wonder as well as the shops in Cheyenne where they run their steam train excursion operation. Yes, I'm a train hugger.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:51 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,930 times
To me, the Colorado state line officially starts just east of DIA and ends west of Moab. Kansas' gain is Utah's loss

Old 12-05-2013, 11:03 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Utah - among some of the most wonderful landscapes in the country.
Wyoming. Big and Wide open. Love it. Big country and the Northwest corner is among the most awesome places in the world.
Nebraska - Used to love it when Nebraska came to play football at CU. I miss those days.
Kansas - Open fields as far as the eye can see. I enjoy driving east on I-70. People are easy-going, traffic is light, and I can just go into autopilot (almost) and enjoy the ride.
Oklahoma - Well, Kinda like Kansas, except for all the Texans that seem to have got lost.
New Mexico - Another land of beautiful landscapes and wonderful people.
Arizona - Well it is bordering Colorado, even if only for a foot or so. Another place of magical landscapes, and great places to go. Just avoid Phoenix area. too many people. kind of a mini LA

In short, Colorado borders some of the greatest states in the country.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:06 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I don't have a favorite. Those states are nice but I would never live there. If I was to move from Colorado I would either go to Orlando, Boston, Chicago, or NYC.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Either Utah or and New Mexico

Old 12-05-2013, 05:25 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view about Colorado's neighboring states? Which neighboring state do you like the most? Do you ever take vacations excursions or purposeful visits to bordering states of Colorado? Given all the bordering states are quite different than Colorado itself, discuss your opinions on the state and what comes to mind.
Why isn't Arizona included?

It does touch Colorado, at least at the Four Corners.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:59 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Why isn't Arizona included?

It does touch Colorado, at least at the Four Corners.
Yes, I did think of that after the poll was added, easy to overlook since they 'corner'.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:00 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,373,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Why isn't Arizona included? It does touch Colorado, at least at the Four Corners.
I agree. Any state that you can step into from another is a neighboring state, although sticklers can argue whether or not AZ and CO actually touch or not.

Utah is clearly our most naturally beautiful neighbor, with more National Parks and other reserves per its size than any other state.
Arizona is good for the Grand Canyon and a few areas around Sedona and other than that it's bed suited as a giant garbage dump and/or bmx track.
New Mexico is kind of like our broke, black sheep little brother, but very pretty in its own right.
Oklahoma is barely clinging to its status as our neighbor just to try to look a little cooler.
Kansas and Nebraska are rather boring 'plains' state, as conventional tastes go, but I've spent ample time in both and the people are some of the nicest, most genuine folk you'll ever meet.
Wyoming has dissociative identity disorder... some of the most pristinely beautiful land and wildlife in the country, surrounded by some of the dumpiest towns and barren countryside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado