Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2006, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,162 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm a first-timer here and having found many of these postings very interesting and mostly fun to read. People certainly are passionate about where they live!

Reading of the seemingly tongue-in-cheek rivalry between CO, CA and TX, I was just wondering if there's any such thing existing between the East and West slope residents? Do you have nicknames for each other? Are there any competitive events between you? Is the West more rural and the East more industrial or vice versa?

Just curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 PM

210 posts, read 1,345,423 times
I think the biggest fight between the east and west slopes is about water. The east slope (which has the majority of the population) diverts a lot of water from the west slope (which has the majority of water), and some on the west slope resent that (whereas most people on the east slope don't really think about it, except when there are watering restrictions). I am sure West Slopers have names for East Slopers, although I don't know what they are (and I'm not sure I want to.....) but otherwise I'm not aware of any other real rivalries between east and west.

Yes, the East Slope is more urban/developed with the major cities, while the west slope is more mountainy and less populated.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:58 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
Um, having lived in both eastern CO and western CO, no.

Although, I think that Front Range people might *think* that people from the western slope are a little more county.

Well, as a resident of both, guess I am a "little bit country" (thanks to Marie Osmond) from my experiences in Grand Junction for a couple of years. My heart is there but overall, most people think that you live in a ski resort if you don't live on the Front Range.

I could be wrong but seriously, most Front Range residents thought I lived in some ski area.

Sorry I lived in GJ, hardly a ski area.

Last edited by COflower; 12-06-2006 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: bad quoting and I suck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado