Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMHT13 View Post
Kind of off topic..

I just can't see how people live without a pickup. For the first time in my life I do not have one (In Denver.. it's a 6 hour trip North to get to my truck)

It's a massive pain everytime I need to haul stuff. I cut down 7-8 smaller trees that blew over and leaning on my roof the other day and I had nothing to haul them away. Wish I would've got a Tacoma instead of the 4Runner..

Anyway.. The most annoying drivers in this city can be found in a suburu going 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane while rolling a J.

I think anyone who owns a house and doesn't have a pickup truck is smoking something. I count myself in that group, lol. I'm in the market for a utility trailer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 12:46 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
I think anyone who owns a house and doesn't have a pickup truck is smoking something. I count myself in that group, lol. I'm in the market for a utility trailer....
My dad and I share a little utility trailer for the few times a year I need to haul stuff. Don't need a pickup at all.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
I own 5 irrigated acres in SW Colorado & a 3100SF house. No pickup trucks for me. I have an 18' long x 7' wide utility trailer that I tow with a Grand Cherokee (5.7 Hemi), tow capacity of the GC is 6,000 lbs. Two 3500lb axles on the trailer. I use it for hauling building supplies, landscaping supplies, 50 gal diesel tank, tow my 4,000lb Kubota L Series tractor to the shop for service, etc. Wife & I each have an SUV and no need for a third vehicle in the form of a pickup, the extra insurance, registration, etc. Works great and no pickup necessary. And yes, living in Colorado, I smoke something every day.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,467,122 times
saw one in New Mexico with a sticker "If its Smoking' Don't mean it's Broken" Coal Rolling is an intentional beching of coal black diesel fumes when the urge strikes. Nothing less.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:18 PM

958 posts, read 1,147,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Maybe next they will ban farting in public. No I do not even own a pickup, but it causes no real harm and is just another example of using the government to control actions that some people do not like.
I wish cd forum had an "anti rep" button. Stupidest post i have seen on this board and that is saying A LOT!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:08 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
I wish cd forum had an "anti rep" button. Stupidest post i have seen on this board and that is saying A LOT!
Right you are. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:09 AM

7,188 posts, read 9,322,724 times
Quote:
That made me laugh.

One reason that I invest time in reading C-D is to gain insight to the real world. I'm continually amazed.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:29 AM

1,013 posts, read 978,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
That made me laugh.

One reason that I invest time in reading C-D is to gain insight to the real world. I'm continually amazed.
Not sure C-D represents the real world lol.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:47 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Not sure C-D represents the real world lol.
Sometimes I hope not. Though I think it's gotten better since I used to be here back in 2015 and before. Even some of the more contentious boards are less vitriolic these days, and I'm happy about that.

Oh, and coal rolling is disgusting and dangerous. Blinding other drivers, not cool. When I was a teenager, the way we dealt with protesters (usually the anti-abortion ones with the disgusting signage--I have no problem with your position or your right to share it, but c'mon, people with kids drive on that public street, nobody needs to see an illustrative gorefest, just so you can make your point)...so what we would do, is a bunch of us teenagers would pile into the bed of a friend's pickup, and throw water balloons or something at them. Harmless shenanigans. This coal rolling thing isn't harmless if a blinded driver hits somebody, to say nothing of what those fumes do to anyone's health or the air quality.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Right you are. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid.
Right, asking the government to fix all your minor inconveniences is the smart thing to do, and those who know our history and what happens when citizens turn over all their rights to the government are the stupid ones? Keep handing the government more power, see what happens. Or go read some history of when the government grabs more power what actually happens. This is just another example of the government taking control over a fad that is likely gone in a year. They are slowly eroding our rights with more and more stupid rules, and you think it is great.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-11-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado