Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 07:48 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Mandating for Nazi-esque gun control is hardly a centrist position. He basically just parroted the same tired old super-left position on gun control wants.

I never pegged him as that far liberal. I guess now his true colors are showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
If you look at national polling, background checks and magazine limits are hardly a position of the far left. Very much a centrist position.
Exactly gun control is a liberal position not a leftist one.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:45 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Exactly gun control is a liberal position not a leftist one.

Uh, those are the same thing lol. And magazine limits are certainly not a centrist position, not anywhere in this country.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:17 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well background checks are already in place for the vast majority of purchases as they are done through FFL dealers at gun shops. Magazine capacity limits are NOT a centrist position. Not at all. Maybe for YOU they are. Just ask Evie Hudak and that other guy that got recalled.
Gallup has done national polling on this this subject and an actual majority favor candidates who support magazine limits. It’s not a fringe position.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Uh, those are the same thing lol. And magazine limits are certainly not a centrist position, not anywhere in this country.
Data?

Old 06-05-2019, 11:42 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Biden should not pick a straight white male if he gets the nod.
Why not? Whatever happened to picking the best person for the job, regardless of skin color, race, religion, sex, sexual identity, ethnicity, or almost any other criteria except experience, education, intelligence, and common sense? (Btw, I did not include age in the foregoing list, because my personal opinion is that no one over the age of 70 should be in the position to be POTUS -- and I am 65, btw!)

Anyway, if the Democrats choose two straight white males and the Republicans choose two white straight males, then what? We would simply be in the same position regarding the national election that we were in until Geraldine Ferraro won the Democrat VP slot in the 1984 election. Believe me, the world would probably not come to an end -- although the protests would almost certainly be something to see, I think!

Old 06-05-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Why not? Whatever happened to picking the best person for the job, regardless of skin color, race, religion, sex, sexual identity, ethnicity, or almost any other criteria except experience, education, intelligence, and common sense? (Btw, I did not include age in the foregoing list, because my personal opinion is that no one over the age of 70 should be in the position to be POTUS -- and I am 65, btw!)

Anyway, if the Democrats choose two straight white males and the Republicans choose two white straight males, then what? We would simply be in the same position regarding the national election that we were in until Geraldine Ferraro won the Democrat VP slot in the 1984 election. Believe me, the world would probably not come to an end -- although the protests would almost certainly be something to see, I think!
He shouldn’t because there are plenty of qualified people who aren’t straight white males and it is important that all the people in this country who aren’t straight white males see someone else in leadership. The idea that only a straight white male would be qualified to hold the office of VP is laughable. There is plenty of data that suggests that having diversity is better for everyone.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:39 PM

1,013 posts, read 978,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I'm a independent centrist, apparently, and tired of having Warren and Sanders shoved at me from friends back East. The core Trump-lovers will not budge. The centrist and independents (and those who didn't vote) are very much the likely tipping points. I shudder at the ultra-"progressives". I feel like my friends who support these people just love to hear rants and raves that interest them and suit them, and live in a Massachusetts bubble.
An independent centrist means you represent most of us in this country and no politician has any interest in that group. Only the far right and the far left are of any interest to politicians.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Uh, those are the same thing lol.
No they aren't a leftist is staunchly anti-imperialism and anti-capitalist a liberal is pro imperialism and pro capitalist but they support lgbtq rights so I guess there kinda better than conservatives

Old 06-05-2019, 05:35 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
No they aren't a leftist is staunchly anti-imperialism and anti-capitalist a liberal is pro imperialism and pro capitalist but they support lgbtq rights so I guess there kinda better than conservatives
But it depends on the rotation of the earth that week....and if they support writing in the past plu perfect tense.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado