Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times

Advertisements

He's in the news again today. . .

Staffer accuses Bruce of sex harassment

Quote:
A female legislative staff member has filed a sexual harassment complaint against Rep. Douglas Bruce because of an alleged comment and contact the Colorado Springs Republican made, several staff members reported Wednesday.
Bruce received a letter related to the complaint and met Wednesday afternoon with House leadership, said staff members, who requested anonymity because they're not allowed to discuss the matter.
(A few threads about Bruce have been merged into one)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 AM

719 posts, read 2,618,438 times
Hey, Wantomoveeast, wouldn't discussing legal vs. illegal immigration be worthy of it's own thread?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Hey, Wantomoveeast, wouldn't discussing legal vs. illegal immigration be worthy of it's own thread?
Any and all such discussions should be posted in the Immigration forum, not here in the Colorado forums.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
He's in the news again today. . .

Staffer accuses Bruce of sex harassment

(A few threads about Bruce have been merged into one)
No real details about this story, so it could be a bunch of hot air over nothing -- it does appear that the alleged abuse was verbal rather than physical, not that doesn't mean it's not still a serious charge. After the kicking incident, you really can't put anything beyond Bruce.

My bet is that the Republicans will all vote to impeach this jerk and the Democrats will vote to keep him around. The state Democratic party should buy Bruce a beer -- he's done more than anyone to help the Democrat's cause.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:51 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
I'm not going to opine on the latest accusation--I think the facts need to be sorted out. That said, I have actually met Douglas Bruce personally. There are even a few (but very few) things that I agree with him about. BUT, as a person, Mr. Bruce's lasting impression upon me was as an egotistical, overbearing, self-aggrandizing person who is condescending to just about everyone. I personally watched him belittle and insult near-perfect-strangers whose only fault was to disagree with his opinions. I don't cotton to that at all, even if I were to agree with every piece of his philosophy. (He didn't insult me; I didn't give him the chance.)

To those who think he is a disgrace to El Paso County and to Colorado, I agree, but I will remind folks that Mr. Bruce is not "home-grown"--he is actually an ex-Californian. I sure wish California would take him back.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
If he accurately represents the feelings of his constituents, so be it. Let them vote him out or vote him back to power, depending on their will. I don't believe in interfering with the democratic process in the way you suggest.
As has been pointed out, he wasn't voted IN.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:21 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times
LOL! I do think the Rep. party is getting very tired of his antics. And I do wonder... is this sort of like all the other political fiascos, did this woman step up to fuel the fire or is her claim legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
No real details about this story, so it could be a bunch of hot air over nothing -- it does appear that the alleged abuse was verbal rather than physical, not that doesn't mean it's not still a serious charge. After the kicking incident, you really can't put anything beyond Bruce.

My bet is that the Republicans will all vote to impeach this jerk and the Democrats will vote to keep him around. The state Democratic party should buy Bruce a beer -- he's done more than anyone to help the Democrat's cause.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:22 PM

That's really interesting and news to me, I didn't know he was a Calif. Regardless, the guy is very embarrassing to Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
To those who think he is a disgrace to El Paso County and to Colorado, I agree, but I will remind folks that Mr. Bruce is not "home-grown"--he is actually an ex-Californian. I sure wish California would take him back.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Sockeye: Go ahead and start a post on that topic. I don't enjoy going there just because it's an endless debate and personally I feel like the subject attracts racism. But that's just my opinion. Thanks to Suzco who pointed out the Immigration forum, I had no idea that one existed. Such a huge site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post

Old 05-02-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the link and info on Bruce being appointed. My one thought to you is below your quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
I am in District 14 so he doesn't represent me. :-)
He's not in my district either, but he does represent this state, so I feel like he is representing all of us, regardless of his district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado