Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 09:13 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Little kids definitely spread viruses around like crazy, thanks to their poor hygiene and impulsive behaviors....
Yet what good alternatives exist for educating them? I’m not a fan of everybody home schooling their kids.
My thoughts, too. Every grandmother I ever knew was constantly coming into work with some illness or another after taking care of grandkids.

A friend of mine works in job-counseling/computer instruction/etc. with refugee and immigrant women on welfare in a state program. She is, of course, now working from home. Some of her clients have up to five kids, now at home, and are still learning English or some other basics themselves. I shudder to think of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 09:37 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
News out today that 24 states still have expanding rates of infection. Colorado is high on that list.

Excerpt: "The Imperial College-London researchers estimated the virus’s reproduction number, known as R0, or R-naught. This is the average number of infections generated by each infected person in a vulnerable population. The researchers found the reproduction number has dropped below 1 in DC and 26 states. In those places, as of May 17, the epidemic was waning. In 24 states, however, the model shows a reproduction number over 1. Texas tops the list, followed by Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Alabama and Wisconsin."

This is not good news, despite re-opening efforts. My wife and I will continue to hibernate and wear masks when we go to the supermarket. If local news reports spikes in cases we will revert to ordering groceries on line for delivery.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,320,007 times
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/2...-may-20-covid/

"Yesterday, Gov. Jared Polis and health officials announced that three children in Colorado are suspected of contracting a rare inflammatory disease believed to be tied to coronavirus. Children’s Hospital Colorado is investigating the potential cases of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, or MIS-C.

Meanwhile, Colorado health officials on Wednesday reported 1,299 people have died with COVID-19 in their systems, and that death-certificate data shows 1,001 fatalities were due to the virus."

The inflammatory disease in children is a huge concern. It might cause parents to refuse having their children return to class during this pandemic.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Delta County today has permission from Supreme Leader to open back up, you may actually sit down in a café and eat. Mesa County has been open for several days.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
News out today that 24 states still have expanding rates of infection. Colorado is high on that list.

Excerpt: "The Imperial College-London researchers estimated the virus’s reproduction number, known as R0, or R-naught. This is the average number of infections generated by each infected person in a vulnerable population. The researchers found the reproduction number has dropped below 1 in DC and 26 states. In those places, as of May 17, the epidemic was waning. In 24 states, however, the model shows a reproduction number over 1. Texas tops the list, followed by Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Alabama and Wisconsin."

This is not good news, despite re-opening efforts. My wife and I will continue to hibernate and wear masks when we go to the supermarket. If local news reports spikes in cases we will revert to ordering groceries on line for delivery.
A primary reason for the expanding infections is that significantly more testing is being done than was being done just 2 weeks ago. The numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are continuing to drop.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:34 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times
Douglas County receives a variance to reopen restaurants, gyms, houses of worship, and Park Meadows Mall.
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/2...ws-mall-reopen

Restaurants will be open for eat-in dining and drinking, but must adhere to the 50% capacity restrictions that will be in place for all indoor spaces.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:26 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
The numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are continuing to drop.
For now. I predict a spike in about 2 weeks. I was out biking this morning and a long line of cars waiting to get into Bear Creek Park.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:53 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Sounds like Montrose is going to be allowed to open. Heard from a friend Ridgway State Park and Ouray was slam packed Saturday. People actually enjoying life, how dare them! Supreme Leader will not be happy.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:17 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
For now. I predict a spike in about 2 weeks. I was out biking this morning and a long line of cars waiting to get into Bear Creek Park.
I don’t know about the timing but agree a spike is likely. Maybe multiple spikes. Denial of the obvious makes humans a boon for this virus.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:36 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I don’t know about the timing but agree a spike is likely. Maybe multiple spikes. Denial of the obvious makes humans a boon for this virus.
If they want to be the guinea pigs, that's their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado