Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 11:23 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,301,988 times

Advertisements

A tale of two stores:

I was at TJs (Littleton) this morning and was surprised to see two women with a bunch of small children not wearing masks. I happened to see the manager stocking shelves and asked him about their mask policy. He said corporate policy is to recommend them, but not require them. Very surprising!

I also stopped at Bicycle Village to pick up some tubes. The store is still closed, doing online ordering and curbside pickup only. Employee, wearing a mask and gloves met me at the door. Asked my name, got my package, and asked for a credit credit (no online payment and no cash accepted at door). Gave him my card, he came back, he handed me my receipt and card stating he wiped the card with disinfectant. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 05:46 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,676,166 times
I talked with the manager of the WalMart in Salida yesterday. He said that while their policy is to require that everyone wears masks, they do not want to put the physical safety of their door greeters or other staff at risk. They've seen or heard of too many instances of attacks on employees, and they don't feel it is worth it to endanger them to try to force people to wear masks. What a sad commentary on our "entitled" populace!

Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,062,612 times
Eagle County has issued a mask requirement for indoor public spaces starting tomorrow. Hopefully people will comply but it is up to businesses to enforce that and like Walmart putting your front line employees in danger of aggressive behavior is a hard choice. I had to run to the grocery store tonight and it was clear who was local (wearing masks) and tourists (guess), I'm glad to have the economic benefit of the tourist dollar but it would be nice if they would be respectful.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
The TJ's in my town requires masks. Period. No mask--no entry. Nobody complains. Nobody in town complains at all about the masks required in public. People are happy that the spread of the disease is under control in the county, so they're fine with continuing to comply.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
A tale of two stores:

I was at TJs (Littleton) this morning and was surprised to see two women with a bunch of small children not wearing masks. I happened to see the manager stocking shelves and asked him about their mask policy. He said corporate policy is to recommend them, but not require them. Very surprising!

I also stopped at Bicycle Village to pick up some tubes. The store is still closed, doing online ordering and curbside pickup only. Employee, wearing a mask and gloves met me at the door. Asked my name, got my package, and asked for a credit credit (no online payment and no cash accepted at door). Gave him my card, he came back, he handed me my receipt and card stating he wiped the card with disinfectant. Well done!
I am not that surprised: we live in an area where most of the stores and businesses do not force you to wear them though many of us do. Our bars and restaurants require them until served but are not very strict about it; The only grocery store that does require them is Fresh Market and even our beauty salon does not require them. Now we do have more and more cities that are enforcing mandatory mask wearing. That is a different story.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:09 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,676,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The TJ's in my town requires masks. Period. No mask--no entry. Nobody complains. Nobody in town complains at all about the masks required in public. People are happy that the spread of the disease is under control in the county, so they're fine with continuing to comply.
So where is this lovely place? Is "Transition" one of the 50 states, or is it a new one? Just wondering how your town manages to avoid all the complaining that I hear everywhere else. Must be nice!

Old 07-06-2020, 11:51 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,580,478 times
Kinda surprised, yet not. On one hand, TJ's is known for going out of their way for the common good. On the other, the south metro probably does have a high proportion of people who'd go ape-**** if a store tried to enforce the common good, so it's a balance of risks.

Granted, I've only patronized businesses in Denver proper and Leadville in the last couple months, but I've yet to see anyone, customer and employee alike, not dutifully wearing a face covering.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:17 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
The TJ's in Fort Collins requires them and both the number of people entering at one time as well as the wearing of a mask is checked at the door by employees before one can enter.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:05 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,394,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I talked with the manager of the WalMart in Salida yesterday. He said that while their policy is to require that everyone wears masks, they do not want to put the physical safety of their door greeters or other staff at risk. They've seen or heard of too many instances of attacks on employees, and they don't feel it is worth it to endanger them to try to force people to wear masks. What a sad commentary on our "entitled" populace!
Well, it is summer, therefore the percentage of temporary residents in Chaffee County from states south has significantly surged. The ever increasing numbers of the virus in those locales demonstrate the attitudes around how many individuals perceive protection against the virus.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:16 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
So where is this lovely place? Is "Transition" one of the 50 states, or is it a new one? Just wondering how your town manages to avoid all the complaining that I hear everywhere else. Must be nice!
Probably not a place that allows people to carry. In times like these, that puts workers who confront people over masks in immediate danger. That worker at the Costco Arvada who kicked out the guy with no mask remains my hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado