Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 12:16 AM

8,502 posts, read 8,798,353 times

Advertisements

The ad says they were built as workforce housing but also says they can be purchased to use as a rental property. So it seems like they may no longer bound to be workforce housing. But more info needed to be clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 AM

432 posts, read 415,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Those are deed restricted units. They basically need to be sold or rented to people working in Steamboat and sometimes have an income cap to qualify.
Ahh.. I wondered why it looked so spartan. One Steamboat Place is pretty lux.
I can tell from the windows that the unit is north facing, looking at the Snowflower Condos. No sunlight at all in the winter.
I have some friends that bought deed-restricted units on Hilltop Parkway before the crash. They were walking away from them around 2012.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:15 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,061,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
The ad says they were built as workforce housing but also says they can be purchased to use as a rental property. So it seems like they may no longer bound to be workforce housing. But more info needed to be clear.
One of five units available in the gold standard of ski-in, ski-out complexes in Steamboat-OneSteamboat Place. Originally constructed for employee housing, this can be purchased individually OR purchased as a package to rent out. Each unit conveys a deeded parking space in the OSP parking garage-the ONLY assigned parking spaces in the complex. This is a great opportunity to provide long term rental solutions to those residents who need it the most while earning consistent rental income. With its proximity to the base area and two Steamboat Springs transit stops, this location will be highly sought after. See the attached deed restriction for occupancy criteria.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:53 AM

432 posts, read 415,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
O See the attached deed restriction for occupancy criteria.
Found it:
DEED-RESTRICTED HOME OWNERSHIP - Yampa Valley Housing Authority
scroll down to 'Other Places' for the PDF

I used to live near this one:https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...77164360_zpid/
Lots of locals in there. Nice place but a mish-mosh neighborhood. Luxury next to 'affordable', Condos from the sixties next to brand new. Ski-bum partiers next to retirees. Packed with tourists in high-season, a ghostly place in mud season.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:24 AM

8,502 posts, read 8,798,353 times
Thanks for clarification. In quick scan I guess I didn't notice that kinda vague last sentence and eased up after hearing it could be rented. Complicated. A retiree could buy it though, but as sole residence. So not for this OP / potential buyer at this time.

I mentioned this site to get something on table, to move up or down from on price, trim, complex size, location, etc. Not easy search. May need to spend more or get even less in some way(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado