Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
You want bowl one now, and not hit someone. Lol

Seriously......are you just out here to pick a fight or something???? The point was that you keep investing in your infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 09:24 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Just making a post. Don't take it personal.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:31 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Just making a post. Don't take it personal.
Nothing personal but, you seem to take anything that does not paint Greenville as the best city ever as an insult.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:42 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Doesn't matter what I think, same it doesn't matter what you think of your home area. Right? It's a message board.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi2Midlands View Post
It's a pretty good sign - my dad noticed on after I picked him up from the Airport.

If we're talking re-naming the airport, how about something that sounds less generic like "Columbia Metropolitan". Columbia-Midlands Regional Airport? Or does that makes us sound smaller (not that we're doing all that great vs. our in-state peer cities)?

I am surprised that with all the branding and rebranding going on that this has not come up... I dont dislike the name Columbia Metropolitan Airport but I would be curious to see if there was another name that could capture the true essence of the area.. I mean places like Columbus calls their airport Port Columbus.. ( I assume as a play on Christopher Columbus) and you have Sky Harbor.. in Phoenix(?)... At any rate, sure it wouldnt necessarily boost passenger traffic or flights but it could some synergy around the branding efforts.. They are forcing cab drivers to step up their act (which is a good thing) so why not create some excitement around the Airport's name???? If we stick to a city name.. why not Columbia-Sumter Regional Airport I know that would **** off Lexington County/ Cayce... but atleast we will have two cities of some size on the marquee (Greenville-Spartanburg... Raleigh-Durham, Baltimore Washington International.. for example)

If we want to go with a "name" other than some politician...we could call it Columbia "Frontier" Airport or Columbia "Port Discovery" Airport.......and come up with a cool logo....

" Welcome to Columbia "Port Discovery" Airport where the local time is now 4:30pm and where happy hour begins in 30 minutes...which is how long it will take you to get downtown to the Vista"...

Seriously, I flew into CAE on a thursday afternoon, I carried my bags on so I literally landed at 3:30pm, my ride met me outside at 3:40pm and was at Liberty Tap room drinking a Sam Adams by 4:00pm...give or take.. The advantage of flying into smaller airport

Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM

12,924 posts, read 18,765,744 times
Cayce is in the Columbia metropolitan area. I think the current name covers it.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:57 AM

157 posts, read 249,037 times
Delta is adding 200 new seats a day from CAE. They are ramping up their service and going to start flying 160 passenger Boeing 737-800's to Atlanta. Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 10-22-2011, 05:57 PM

Delta is ready when you are, visitors, Columbians and other Midstate residents! And so is Columbia Metropolitan Airport.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM

435 posts, read 1,530,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucjanrc View Post
Delta is adding 200 new seats a day from CAE. They are ramping up their service and going to start flying 160 passenger Boeing 737-800's to Atlanta. Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC
This news item is 4 months old - not that it isn't good news.

I will say I have seen a bit more mainline (e.g., MD-80) jetliners from Delta at CAE lately. This is the way to go to keep CAE growing, however modestly. Chasing Low-Cost Carriers is not the only way to develop an airport - we need to make sure we have the best schedules, aircraft, and services to the global network, and pursuing better-quality service through Atlanta on Delta is good low-hanging fruit. If Columbia can get one or more big economic development wins, that would be the best thing to grow the airport.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 AM

You can't bring a good airport down.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

http://www.columbiabusinessreport.co...-airport?rss=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area