Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 PM

13,020 posts, read 18,883,413 times

Advertisements

At Cross Hill tomorrow morning they're announcing the restaurant that's locating near Whole Foods that they've said everyone will be happy about. On WLTX they gave a hint saying the restaurant is coming from the city that has the world's largest cast iron statue. I googled "world's largest cast iron statue" and it brought up the Vulcan statue in Birmingham. I'm wondering if they mean everyone will be happy once they give them some information about the restaurant that's coming, or whether everyone will be happy as soon as the real estate company says the name of the restaurant because of what "everyone" already knows about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 PM

377 posts, read 712,231 times
That doesn't narrow it down much, Birmingham is huge.

There's a P.F. Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Johnny Rockets, CPK, and a Bahama Breeze right around the Summit area of Birmingham (from memory, anyway). None of those are in Columbia, and someone would be excited about any of those. There's a couple of Mimi's Cafes around Birmingham as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
That doesn't narrow it down much, Birmingham is huge.

There's a P.F. Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Johnny Rockets, CPK, and a Bahama Breeze right around the Summit area of Birmingham (from memory, anyway). None of those are in Columbia, and someone would be excited about any of those. There's a couple of Mimi's Cafes around Birmingham as well.
For the real estate guy to say it's coming from the city with... to me means it's headquartered in that city.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 PM

377 posts, read 712,231 times
It did strike me as odd that he'd use Birmingham as the source city instead of something closer or larger. But I don't know Atlanta well enough to know what might be in Birmingham but not Atlanta.

The only restaurants HQ'd in Birmingham that I can think of are Milo's (it's like Rush's), Jack's (it's like being tortured), and Sneaky Pete's (Sandy's, except worse). No one would be excited about any of those, though.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,609,080 times
I can't imagine it being a big deal to get anything from Birmingham, to be perfectly honest.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,884,945 times
My guess: Home page | www.tazikiscafe.com

Old 06-28-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Taziki's is one I came up with through Google, but unless I'm living in a cave, people would have to be told about Taziki's to be happy about it, that is if it's good. I also came up with Highlands Bar & Grill and an original Iguana restaurant. Who knows? At any rate, I can't imagine why they would keep it a secret and then make such a big deal about it in a television news interview a couple of days before they announce it with a community gathering and free lunch for something with no punch.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,698,787 times
Quote:

Now this could interest me.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 AM

According to the list of locations on their home page, Taziki's isn't actually in Birmingham, but apparently at least one of the Alabama locations listed is in the Birmingham area. It would make sense that they would choose Cross Hill if a slightly more suburban setting is their forte, although their location in Charleston is on King Street. Maybe the Cross Hill realtor knows that people from Columbia eat at the one in Charleston and like it.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,627,002 times
Quote:
My guess: Home page | www.tazikiscafe.com
The winner. Did you know or was it a guess?

The menu looks good. This is a great center, Edens has done a nice job with the tenant mix and building details on the center. Should inspire others to upgrade nearby properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area