Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonDad View Post
My guess would be that the pilot got confused and hit the wrong runway. Happens more than you think especially at smaller airports.

Yikes.....if that was the case no wonder they didnt announce it. Wouldnt be the type of thing that would encourage more passengers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 PM

199 posts, read 257,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
So.. let me say I that I know nothing about airplanes or aeronautics.... But on a trip to CAE the plane landed, for the first time, in my travels on the runway the runs next to the UPS HUB and Edmonds Hwy shorter of the two at CAE. That is the first time...ever that I can recall landing on that in all my years flying in and out of CAE. Most of the time I take off and land on the main runway that runs parallel to the terminal. Seemed like a rougher landing because the plane had to break. HARD before coming to a rest near the end. There was no plane on the other runway no visible sign that it was blocked..no announcement of hazard so it just made me wonder.

I have flown in to CAE before and the plane would circle and do a U turn just to land on the main runway despite the availability of the second one.. I guess its for emergency purposes only and/or UPS? .. GSP only has one runway and yet seems to manage just fine and has more passenger traffic than CAE.. Though the two may be equal in terms of flights because of the UPS Cargo flights?
The active runway for arriving and departing aircraft is generally determined by the wind direction, weather, and area air traffic.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 AM

12,889 posts, read 18,744,346 times
Passenger traffic is up nearly 9% over a year ago at CAE.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 03-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Passenger traffic is up nearly 9% over a year ago at CAE.

Great.. likely attributed to the lower fares... I am still pleased that I can arrive with a little over 30 minutes before my flight.. check my bag.. get through security.. grab a cup of Joe and walk onto my flight at CAE.... I HATE flying to CAE out of Reagan National because you have to take a crowded bus from the terminal to the plane and its is ALWAYS late flying to CAE for the 7pm flight... The 7am flight out of CAE to DCA is the best because the plane waits there overnight.. so its always on time in terms of ready to depart weather permitting.....

Old 03-04-2015, 09:13 PM

50 posts, read 105,895 times
A CAE garage renovation for rental car customers is coming...

Business Notebook | Business | The State

Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 AM

The increases at CAE continue. Both passengers and cargo increased in February compared to last year.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:54 AM

Default Can we go after them.....

Even if it is just seasonal.....

Silver Airways | Official Website| Flights to Florida, Bahamas & More

Old 04-27-2015, 07:49 AM

Columbia Metropolitan Airport wins national award for diversity/inclusion in hiring

Columbia Metropolitan Airport Receives National Diversity Award

Old 04-27-2015, 10:11 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,559,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Columbia Metropolitan Airport wins national award for diversity/inclusion in hiring

Columbia Metropolitan Airport Receives National Diversity Award
Maybe the photographer could have shown a little diversity in the photo. Just saying...

Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,250 times
Always good to hear diversity and Columbia in the same sentence. waccamatt- Whats not diverse about aging crusty white guys? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area