Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 07:35 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,737,232 times

Advertisements

Terrible that I have forgotten the name of the new Italian place in Lexington (the intersection of Rte 1, Rte 378, and Rte 6 area) but initial reviews from friends are good food, inexpensive/reasonable prices, but small portions.

On my list of places to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 07:58 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
The Pot Smoker (lol), a North Augusta barbecue restaurant, is opening its second location in the former Mamas and the Tapas space next to The Flying Saucer in the Vista.

The Pot Smoker BBQ to open in Columbia next to Flying Saucer in The Vista | The State
Shocked at this. It's not even the best bbq in North Augusta.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:04 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,031,773 times
Kristian Niemi opening two new restaurants in one year is a huge undertaking and testament to the growth of the food scene in Columbia. Personally, I feel Bourbon was the best of his creations, which makes me think his two new restaurants will be excellent additions. I'm excited.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:19 PM

421 posts, read 574,268 times
Popeyes coming to Irmo on Dutch fork road. Anyone know the excat locale?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:34 PM

100 posts, read 144,784 times
Maybe near the Dutch Fork Rd Walmart?

Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 AM

60 posts, read 85,502 times
It is my understanding that the old KMart building on Two Notch Road has been purchased. Anyone have any ideas of who is moving in?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 PM

518 posts, read 436,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post
It is my understanding that the old KMart building on Two Notch Road has been purchased. Anyone have any ideas of who is moving in?
If it is a store, I can only imagine it will fail like EVERYTHING else on that area of town. I moved here twenty years ago, Columbia Mall was still active, and Decker wasn't so bad. And BTW, that Kmart had always been dirty and run down.

I imagine the mostly like scenario is the building turned into a call center like the old Walmart further down Two Notch.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 AM

8,236 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post

Probably some bargain store like Ollies or Big Lots.....

Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM

8,236 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
If it is a store, I can only imagine it will fail like EVERYTHING else on that area of town. I moved here twenty years ago, Columbia Mall was still active, and Decker wasn't so bad. And BTW, that Kmart had always been dirty and run down.

I imagine the mostly like scenario is the building turned into a call center like the old Walmart further down Two Notch.

Yep everything in that part of town moved further out to around Village of the Sandhills..which is unfortunate.. Columbia Mall (Columbia Place) has been in decline ever since Sandhills opened. Even the restaurants like O Charleys and Don Qs have given way to independent "lounge/clubs" which on one hand is good for indy businesses but doesn't bring any more $$ to the area.. especially since it is an older suburban hub as opposed to a traditional downtown or business district.

Same thing has occurred in St. Andrews though I envision that it will bounce back quicker that Decker/Two Notch.. St. Andrews around Dutch Square still has access to downtown and interstates more so that Decker Two Notch. All it will take is a viable redevelopment plan for Dutch Square to change the direction of that portion of St. Andrews. You have and businesses like Ruby Tuesday and even the new Wal Mart on Bush River open which shows that there is interest in the area.. not so much for Decker/Two Notch

Old 09-19-2016, 10:19 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,031,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yep everything in that part of town moved further out to around Village of the Sandhills..which is unfortunate.. Columbia Mall (Columbia Place) has been in decline ever since Sandhills opened. Even the restaurants like O Charleys and Don Qs have given way to independent "lounge/clubs" which on one hand is good for indy businesses but doesn't bring any more $$ to the area.. especially since it is an older suburban hub as opposed to a traditional downtown or business district.

Same thing has occurred in St. Andrews though I envision that it will bounce back quicker that Decker/Two Notch.. St. Andrews around Dutch Square still has access to downtown and interstates more so that Decker Two Notch. All it will take is a viable redevelopment plan for Dutch Square to change the direction of that portion of St. Andrews. You have and businesses like Ruby Tuesday and even the new Wal Mart on Bush River open which shows that there is interest in the area.. not so much for Decker/Two Notch
When I was in high school in the late 1990s, Columbia Place was still a viable mall with a selection of stores similar to Columbiana. Even Richland Mall was still a good place to shop. Sad to see Columbia Place's decline, but it mirrors the decline of malls across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area