Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2023, 08:45 AM

403 posts, read 233,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagarnet View Post
Did anyone ever figure out what it was?
Solar panel maker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 11:49 AM

8,231 posts, read 13,350,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Based off a P&C article it appears that the Scout Motors site is taking up nearly all the land at the Blythewood Industrial park and it will no longer have room for Project Golden Eagle.
Just curious on how this area/section of Richland County was selected for this development? I guess the County invested in industrial property here and in Lower Richland/SE Columbia along Pineview Road? There is alot of land in Lower Richland but I guess it wasnt close enough to interstates or water/sewer infrastructure for a large industrial park. I vaguely remember that Fairfield County may be involved in providing some infrastructure such as water but I could be wrong.. I am sure that likely had something to do with the selection of an area for an industrial park.

Incidentially, I saw an article that Kershaw County was creating a mega site in the Lugoff-Elgin area.. likely to capitalize on potential spillover/spin off development ? I am glad Richland County is finally having some success at the industrial development game. For the longest it seemed they were just sitting back relying on the City of Columbia to create economic opportunities for both jurisdictions.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:06 PM

In other news. I thought this was an interesting article. I find it surprising that not even a small grocery store would not be able to make it at the Bullstreet Development. The Mayor mentions lack of locations and names a few areas.. but there is an existing grocery store/shopping center at River Drive and Sunset that is right down the street from one of the sites he mentions. Seems ideal for something to serve Earlewood, Keenan Terrace and North Columbia as a whole. I know the Bi Lo Closed at North Main and Monticello so I am sure that is a black eye along with the store that was over on Beltline that is now Rose's. I believe there used to one in student center where Allen University is on Taylor Street and a Sav A Lot on Harden St near the Drew Center.. So maybe all of those loses have jaded any grocer.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/down...hOWOqXJ6e3_XAq

Old 05-04-2023, 04:39 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,483 times
After my time back in Cola, I noticed a lot of positive changes.

Although one thing that peeved me is how many car washes we have in this town. Do people really wash their cars here more than other peer cities? Lol

Check this article, new nickname “Shine City”: https://amp.thestate.com/news/local/...274830686.html

I don’t have a huge problem with them but I did throw up in my mouth a little when I drove by a “Big Dans Carwash” or whatever it’s called on prime property off of Elmwood. What?

I, myself use Mr. Suds on Harbison. None of those huge brushes which can damage your cars paint in the long run.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:44 AM

518 posts, read 435,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
After my time back in Cola, I noticed a lot of positive changes.

Although one thing that peeved me is how many car washes we have in this town. Do people really wash their cars here more than other peer cities? Lol
It is weird, I assume a national trend, but not really sure.

Maybe like the Steamed Crab places that are EVERYWHERE. There was a time that nail salons were opening everywhere.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:08 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
It is weird, I assume a national trend, but not really sure.

Maybe like the Steamed Crab places that are EVERYWHERE. There was a time that nail salons were opening everywhere.
Haha yeah perhaps it’s just a “phase” that cities go through. I’ve noticed the steamed crab uptick as well.

Old 05-05-2023, 03:28 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,054 times
Anybody know what is going up on rosewood and graymont. Large parcel cleared, lot of construction vehicles grading the land and it’s fenced off

Old 05-05-2023, 07:38 AM

Default Good News for Richland Mall Site

https://news.yahoo.com/sc-taxpayers-...131621121.html

Old 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,957,224 times
17 townhomes are coming to Earlwood on an 1.28 acre lot. Seeing a lot more infill projects lately.

https://planninganddevelopment.colum...nstruction.pdf

Old 06-19-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofaque86 View Post
17 townhomes are coming to Earlwood on an 1.28 acre lot. Seeing a lot more infill projects lately.

https://planninganddevelopment.colum...nstruction.pdf
Good stuff.. there is a lot across the street that is for sale for $250k where a similar development could be placed. It has a retaining wall and is right next to the railroad track.. so it may not be as attractive. At any rate.. After the apparent success of the new townhomes in the back of Canal Place.. townhomes (vs patio homes) seem to becoming more attractive for intown living.

Canal Place

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0161...8192?entry=ttu

Lot for sale

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2720...a-SC/28030664/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area