Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 PM

146 posts, read 521,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceezer View Post
Glad to hear you're getting some work, michakaveli. Did you get a business set up or are you doing mobile detailing?
Getting closer and closer to setting things up. I am in the works of a website, have the domain already, and I DO plan on being mobile. Since my last posts I have been working on gaining knowledge and experience. Here are some pictures from some recent details, thanks to a good friend and professional detailer from North Carolina, David Strum.

1981 Mercedes-Benz 380SL
Before:

After:

2000 Roush (Stage 2) Mustang
Before: (not too bad. Usual swirls and water spotting with some minimal etching)

Wetsanding of the trunklid due to some deeper scratches.

Now let's start bringing back the finish

After:

Most Recent:
2001 Ferrari 360 Modena (Rosso Corsa)
This was essentially a clean up detail and swirl removal and overall refresh. Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 PM

Here is a link to a recent detail from this past weekend...

2000 Ford Taurus (silver Frost) | Michalski Detailing - Truth In Detailing Auto Detailing Forum

Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 AM

17 posts, read 34,090 times
i'd suggest a mobile detailing service that way u don't have to worry about insurance as much since being mobile u don't actually have to drive the clients vehicle plus as long as u have a decent sized truck u could carry all your equipment in a lockbox in the bed of the truck or if its a truck with an extended cab even better. Only issue u may have is keepin your vehicle in a garage when parked at home so as not to have the heat affect your chemicals and waxes u use..... other than that u may need to buy a portable tall 12X12 or larger tent so u can detail and wax away from direct sunlight.

I toyed with the idea for a while but im thinkin about moving to vegas soon so the idea is all yours if u are up for it. You will have far less overhead if u do a mobile business as long as the truck u use does guzzle gas... and u try to keep certain days to hit certain areas. It's all about logistics. in order to utilize your time proficiently schedule 2-5 cars a day in close proximity to each other so u have less time driving and more time actually making money. It will be important that u access each car right and learn to gauge how long it takes u to do certain things. For example how much time for a wash and wax. how much for a full detail inside and out etc....moneywise it may be better if u do basic wash and wax packages all day long ass they can be more lucrative if u can burn through 4-5 a day at maybe a 60$ to 75$ package for each one. Full details u can charge more for but because of how long a full detail can take u may make less per hour than if u just turned and burned. So figure out if u wanna do just quick volume or if u wanna go to the premium end and offer high end full packages @ 150$ plus to higher end clients with expensive vehicles.

my advice is to go volume and just build a good core base of clients who would refer u to more people. Other services u can provide are small dent removals, clay bar, touching up chromed areas, leather touch up and redye (try leatherique BMW REDYE PROJECT | Leatherique Restoration Products) its amazing how the product can restore leather back to new as long as u know what color dye to use for the make and model car). I haven't figured out what products are good far tar and tree sap removal but make sure u have some good products for that because it can seriously hamper your progress if it has to take elbow grease and extra time to rub out the tar or sap.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 AM

Steelblue,

Lots of good information, thanks for your post. My focus at this time regarding the detailing endeavour is to focus on all types of clientele, including those of discriminating standards. Currently this is not full-time, but on the weekends or arranged otherwise.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Nice work!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a small auto detailing business based out of my residence in NE Cola. I'd like to register a name w/ the state or whomever I would need to, and I am aware I would be wise to carry Garage Keepers insurance while the autos being worked on under my car are covered in case of any mishap. My business would be part time, on the weekends, etc.. and would concentrate on basic auto cleaning all the way up to paint corrections (removing scratches, swirls and general paint imperfections), essentially helping restore that new car experience.

Any takers :-)

Why not consider having a franchise of Detailxperts instead. It is the first eco friendly steam cleaning car wash franchise. Check the franchise model - http://www.detailxperts.net/franchise_opportunities

[/font]

Last edited by detailxperts; 06-30-2010 at 03:21 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 04:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a small auto detailing business based out of my residence in NE Cola. I'd like to register a name w/ the state or whomever I would need to, and I am aware I would be wise to carry Garage Keepers insurance while the autos being worked on under my car are covered in case of any mishap. My business would be part time, on the weekends, etc.. and would concentrate on basic auto cleaning all the way up to paint corrections (removing scratches, swirls and general paint imperfections), essentially helping restore that new car experience.

Any takers :-)

Hi michakaveli! Why not consider having a franchise of Detailxperts? It is the first eco friendly steam cleaning car wash. Here, check the franchise model - http://www.detailxperts.net/franchise_opportunities

Old 06-30-2010, 08:11 AM

Michalski Detailing | Dedicated to Car Care Excellence. | Experience the Michalski Detailing difference!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:32 AM

Updated the site. Has some customer photos and pricing.

Michalski Detailing | Dedicated to Car Care Excellence.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 AM

Edited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area