Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:26 PM

119 posts, read 344,689 times

Advertisements

The SPCA will be hosting a craft show on Black Friday and the following Saturday and Sunday! (Nov. 27, 28, & 29) It will be held at the Memorial Center which is right next to the SPCA on Guignard. They are still looking to fill a few spots, so if you are interested let me know and I will give you the info of the person to contact.

Come check it out, there will be loads of neat crafts and a couple of commercial vendors there as well!!

Plus, you could adopt a pet while there if you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 AM

I forgot to add, the name of the show is Thanks'fur'giving, how cute!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 AM

843 posts, read 2,746,720 times
Yay, good luck Sassy! Hopefully you'll be successful with your diaper cakes and pick up some new customers while you're at it. Maybe you'll even find someone willing to distribute them for you.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Yes that would be awesome! I am really excited about it because I have a hard time finding things in Sumter since I do not know very many people. Actually when I say not very many, I mean next to none. I only know 4 people in Sumter, that's 2 ladies at the post office I go to and 2 that work at a boutique I go to. I need to get out more LOL! So hopefully there will be a good turnout too and I can meet some Sumter folks!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:42 AM

Oh I will also have my Sister in law, Mother in law, and my Mom's items with me, my sister in law makes hair bows, my mother in law makes quilts and embroiders (beautiful!!), and my Mom makes pillows. The lady who is organizing the show said she has a spot on the radio in the mornings, though I can't remember what station, plus I do not get up that early anyway LOL. I think the advertising should be pretty good in Sumter, I hope anyways, has anyone here heard of it so far?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 AM

I just want to keep this at the top for now, the vendors were asked to help get the word out about the show since it was planned kinda last minute and this is the first year it's being done.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Craft show starts this Friday at 9am!! I found out some other things that will be there! So far I know it me (with diaper cakes, baby shower favors, tutus, and boutique clothing), my sister in law (with hair bows and hair accessories), my Mother in law (with quilts and embroidered items), and also hand poured scented candles (they smell yummy!), Mary Kay, flickering candles, woodworking (beautiful items such as tables, chairs, paper towel roll holders, magazine racks, etc...), crocheted (I think that is how you spell it LOL) items, ceramics, handmade Christmas ornaments, pot holders, clothing and accessories for people and animals, handmade pillows, and much more!! This will be a GREAT show to come do your Christmas shopping at! So head on over to the Memorial building beside the SPCA on Guignard this Friday, Saturday and Sunday for great items, and there are also door prizes and food!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:21 AM

Well there was a very tiny turnout and I am pretty sure everyone else who was there was in the same boat as us, having lost a lot of money. We did everything we could think of, my Sister in Law and I to get people to stop, but it wasn't working. There will be another one next year and one in the Spring so hopefully they will be better!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:18 PM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
Wonder why turnout was low.... the economy?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM

No I don't think so. I went to the Carolina Craftsman's Classic at the fairgrounds the weekend before, and it was so packed we could barely push the stroller through it. It's all about advertising, and this Sumter show had very little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area