Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,847,050 times

Advertisements

The facility on Victory Drive, known as the Dolly Madison Bakery, is scheduled to up and running again by July 11, its new owners said during a press conference Tuesday at the Greater Columbus Convention and Trade Center.

It will employ more than 300 people and will be only one of two such plants in the nation.

Dallas, Texas-based Hostess Brands, which sold Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, closed the Columbus snack-cake factory in November after a lengthy impasse with worker unions and a couple of rounds of Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Hostess plant on Victory Drive in Columbus will reopen in July, employing more than 300 | Business | Columbus Ledger Enquirer

Good news for the Columbus job market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM

201 posts, read 350,621 times
I wonder how many lost their jobs when they closed the plant. Hopefully, they will hire them back first.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimolive View Post
I wonder how many lost their jobs when they closed the plant. Hopefully, they will hire them back first.
That's what I think should happen,but you know Columbus.....

Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 PM

201 posts, read 350,621 times
Basically, the same thing with BCBS. People were there for a long time & lost their jobs, now they are rehiring different people.

I am thrilled for the jobs. I sure hope we see Aflac hiring. It seems like before the economy went down that Aflac was suppose to hire a lot of people.

I feel like our area is fortunate regarding jobs, but most are service oriented.

I wish all of the people on here would check out my facebook page if you haven't already. It's like the Angie's List for this area... I know I can't supply the link according to the guidelines, but just type FortBenningAreaGuide after facebook.com/. You might can answer some of the questions on there. I get over 50k views each week.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
This is great news for Columbus. Definitely been a good last few months for Columbus on the jobs front!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
This is great news for Columbus. Definitely been a good last few months for Columbus on the jobs front!

Hostess plans to reopen Columbus baking facility | 11alive.com

The reopening has made the Atlanta news as well. Depending on the pay, individuals from metro Atlanta (esp. southern ATL metro) may consider driving to and from Columbus as well.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Quote:
Definitely been a good last few months for Columbus on the jobs front!
The latest unemployment numbers show it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA