Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 AM

22 posts, read 50,736 times

Advertisements

Lewis center is that better to live with children then Delaware city?

Schools of course are important . I don't have much information regarding Delaware City and seeking the best place to relocate.

Choices narrowed down to :
Lewis Center
Delaware City
Dublin

Is Olentangy school district Lewis Center? Confused where and what city Olentangy school district belongs too?

Thank You for your Opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 11:23 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,108,708 times
Dublin would have the best schools of those choices, easily, and is the largest suburb of the 3. Lewis Center is basically a very small "downtown" and then a ton of sprawl. Delaware is an established small city of about 50,000, so it will have more amenities than LC, but it's also further away from Columbus. All 3 places have high growth rates. Olentangy schools are in Delaware County, but I'm not sure what the boundaries are. There are usually maps on the district sites, though.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 PM

7 posts, read 16,788 times
Lewis Center is Olentangy Schools, which is one of the best districts in the state. Olentangy basically covers Lewis Center and Powell, with some townships north of Lewis Center and parts of Galena as part of the district.

Lewis Center itself is basically a big area of suburban homes and strip malls with the Alum Creek reservoir in the middle. Tons of bike paths, parks, and recreation. If you prefer a more quaint, small town feel, Lewis Center is very close to both the uptown Westerville and Powell shopping areas which offer a ton of the antique, old timey stores, ice cream parlors, and family owned businesses.

The schools here are fantastic. We moved here from another district in the area and could not be happier with the decision. The curriculum is fantastic and the parental involvement is off the charts.

There are tons of kids here. Kids on bikes, playing soccer in the yards, all over the place. If you are looking for a place with lots of kids for your kids to play with, you can't do better than this.

Dublin has great schools as well, but I have never lived there so I can't speak for it, although I get the impression it is very similar to Lewis Center/Powell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL567 View Post
Lewis center is that better to live with children then Delaware city?

Schools of course are important . I don't have much information regarding Delaware City and seeking the best place to relocate.

Choices narrowed down to :
Lewis Center
Delaware City
Dublin

Is Olentangy school district Lewis Center? Confused where and what city Olentangy school district belongs too?

Thank You for your Opinion!

Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,392 times
Delaware schools are not as good as Olentangy and Dublin. They have more financial struggles. And, as for the poster who said Dublin is easily better than Olentangy, the state rankings disagree. Olentangy scores as high or higher in most categories. Dublin is a great school system. So is Olentangy. Top two in the area arguably. Some may make the argument that Dublin is better, some argue that Olentangy is better, and that is fine. But to claim that either are easily better is a little out there.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Thank you! What are thoughts of Powell ?
Kids? Friendly to new families?
I see it is Olentangy schools.
Thank you !!! Just want a kid friendly neighborhood !

Old 03-21-2014, 06:04 AM

7 posts, read 16,788 times
Powell is great. Very kid friendly. Lots of the neighborhoods have walking access to the downtown shopping area. I would not hesitate to move my family there in that regard. Access to the zoo is another bonus. It is very close by.

You will find that you don't get quite as much house for the money in Powell as compared to Lewis Center. Not sure how much that matters to you, but it might be something to consider. Also, the traffic in Powell can be really rough. Lewis Center is no picnic, but Powell might even be worse. The traffic through the hear of town can get really bad, and the Sawmill Parkway area can get very congested.

All things considered though, Powell is extremely kid friendly, great schools, and was one of the tops on our list of places to settle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL567 View Post
Thank you! What are thoughts of Powell ?
Kids? Friendly to new families?
I see it is Olentangy schools.
Thank you !!! Just want a kid friendly neighborhood !

Last edited by wwtpbb; 03-21-2014 at 07:08 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 06:56 PM

Thank you for everyone's reply!
Any recommendations of neighborhoods/subdivisions
In Powell , family friendly?! Or Lewis center ?
Pricing no higher then $500,000.
Thank you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus