Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:22 PM

23,860 posts, read 24,182,793 times

Advertisements

I blame Apple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 05:38 PM

15,462 posts, read 25,906,787 times
Whenever I have seen that page, and it's been a while, it's because I have my browser set to private browsing. You have to be logged in to not see that page.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:08 PM

6,514 posts, read 6,722,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Whenever I have seen that page, and it's been a while, it's because I have my browser set to private browsing. You have to be logged in to not see that page.
It's the opposite for me. I can see the site, and read the posts, as a guest, but when I try to log in, I get the redirect. I hope I don't have to re-register with a new account to get around this problem!

Old 12-17-2013, 06:29 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,353,133 times
I'm sending this from my iPad.

No problems reading posts as a guest.

When I went to log in, I got the redirect. I clicked on "Continue to the page," And here I am on city-data sending this post out.

Let me know if you want me to check out the settings.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I'm sending this from my iPad.

No problems reading posts as a guest.

When I went to log in, I got the redirect. I clicked on "Continue to the page," And here I am on city-data sending this post out.

Let me know if you want me to check out the settings.
Ah yes. If you have the "continue to the page" link then you're fine.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:27 AM

kayanne,

Did you try what PawleysDude suggested?

Settings > Safari > Clear History........ then Clear Cookies and Data

Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Ah yes. If you have the "continue to the page" link then you're fine.
But when I have the "continue to the page" link, it's just a vicious circle. It takes me again to the "continue to the page" (after a barely perceptible flash of the City-Data page for a millisecond).

Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
kayanne,

Did you try what PawleysDude suggested?

Settings > Safari > Clear History........ then Clear Cookies and Data
Yep, sure did. Many times, in fact.

Earlier someone asked me what the URL of the redirect was. I answered that it still said city-data.com in the address bar. But I've discovered that if I double tap in the address bar, a longer address shows. That address is:

www.city-data.com/bs/ad.iphone.php?r=%2Fforum%2F

This is the address that I find with a double tap, both before and after I click "continue to page." This is the site I cannot get rid of, or get through to stay on city-data on my iPad.

SOOO exasperating!

Thankfully I never see this redirect site on my laptop.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
But when I have the "continue to the page" link, it's just a vicious circle. It takes me again to the "continue to the page" (after a barely perceptible flash of the City-Data page for a millisecond).
Then there is a problem.

Can you make a bookmark that goes straight to the forum? (www.city-data.com/forum)

I can't see a setting to use the actual website rather than a mobile version. You have an iPad, but it's giving you an iPhone page.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:38 PM

Have you tried a hard reset? This reset won't cause you to lose any of your personal data or apps, but it will clean up the cache memory which can sometimes create unwanted problems. It doesn't take long.

Press and hold both the Sleep Button on the top and the Home Button simultaneously. The Apple logo will appear in about 10 seconds, and that is when the reset/cleanup is done. At that point, you can let go of both buttons and try to login to city-data again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers