Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 11:16 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

If anything from this situation is focus on the future and learn from this. We need to respect mother nature and her children. Respect the wildlife we share this land with be responsible when in the woods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 04:57 AM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Yep!! She created a death sentence for this bear and any other bear..due to ignorance and FEAR FACTOR perpetuated by ignorant/uneducated folks including Rangers...Most are educated..however newbies are NOT and will also blame Fear for life excuse..No different than they do when killing someone they fear..LOL tho it is no Longer Funny any more..It's abuse and sanctioned nowadays!! Course those who have no idea of which I speak will say WTH..Typical sentiments!!

It's unfortunately that STUPID human's actually create animal interactions whether in this case following and intimidating..or overall human's taking over habits of wild animals...Yikes!! Who actually suffers..The innocent animals who only want to live their lives...bring up and teach their cubs how to survive given how Human's have devastated normal food sources..But hey..Let this stupid women cause 2 male bears to die for her actions and everybody celebrate..I find it sick..I find it no different that what that Dentist did..hiring folk and killing for trophy of a protected Lion!! Human's cause more damage to "Mother Nature" and will not derail thread to address how HUMAN's have endangered the Whole Flippen Planet with their greed for Oil or other venues that endanger survival ..But hey..Big buck/ ignorant/Hunters/ or whomever's refuse to see the error's of their ways...If I didn't have kids..who have kids..I'd say I don't Give a Flip/ however...My descendants have to live of those abusers who are mostly corporate profitiers!!

Ranger's took the path of lease resistance..and off the bear or bears..and just like folks who stalk animals ( animals or human) use the excuse of felt "Life Threatened"..It's just getting too Old..and the more I hear it..The more it comes across as an excuse and abuse of whatever authority on has...I say...Maybe in one's self-interest is LEARN about those non-human/Not all are Life threatening..IF they are LEARN the skills to avoid..prevent..and puleeze don't kill for the thrill..SMH..Innoocent Wildlife always gets blamed for their own killings which bugs the heck out of me!!

Those Ranger's who described shooting because of "Charge" haven't taken that course about "Bluff Charge..because any and all Bluff Charges is not an ATTACK..but a warning..COurse whomever Shot and killed such a bear or bears..HAD fear factor and NO information and training..

Link to explain what a BLUFF CHARGE is and what it looks like and WHAT IT MEAnS!! ..I love this site~~ has never been anything but honest and informative!!

North American Bear Center - How dangerous are bluff charges?

Please get educated!!

Pleeze..Bears do NOT attack children..it's those irresponsible human's who PUT their children at risk..If the truth be known..Bear's actually nuture and follow baby crying's because it's what their own cubs sound like.. Google it..GET educated..Geesh!! ..because it's no different than their newborn cubs..Just listen to newborn cubs!!

Some audio to prove my point from above~~

Here's the facts from the horse mouth from a person who has made it his his life mission to educate...Baby bears/cubs no different than a baby..So maybe learn about such nuances between humans and animal life..Hey You just may learn something!!

North American Bear Center - Scared Cubs & Crying Babies Sound Alike

alike.html

She created the interaction versus Bear attacked her unprovoked..Yet..Who's dead..Kinda of reminds of other issues within Judicial previews!! SMH

Here is Humanity at it's greatest!1 Not All wimpy folks will never accept that hearts and minds aren't on the same wave length..Bless this man for saving an obvious full grown Black Bear!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXem7P9Ej3o
I usually don't quote entire lengthy posts like this but it's well worth it. Thanks for your contribution to this thread. It's so obvious some folks need it.

Just for those who are still wondering, here's a list of things to Do and Don't. Notice "videoing" is on the Don't list.

Now if I see a Bear I will be reluctant to report it. Screw DEEP but I would like to warn others in the area but if this is what the end result will be then I will just enjoy nature and make sure I'm smart about it..

Notice #1 under Hiking. That's exactly what I was doing in the Adirondacks and I bet they were around but they stayed away and weren't surprised I was there because I was smart enough to tap my trekking pole and make noise for them..

DEEP: Problems with Bears

Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,207,988 times
I actually found Lyndarn's lengthy post very ironic. She is accusing others of being "un-educated", especially the Rangers. However given her grammar and content, it is she who needs more education. A lot more education. And BTW, DEEP's handling of these two bears is the same as many other states, and NPS (National Park Service) rangers. So all these pros have no idea what they're doing and she does. Ok.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
I still don't understand why they had to execute the other bear. I mean once bear's become friendly and find it a norm to be around human's it's a problem. I mean you can relocate a bear, but most find their way back to original location. So it is why you have to put them down its one of the reason many Rangers tell you in Yellowstone not to feed the bears. Not for your safety it's the bear becomes to comfortable around human's than one day gets frightened with a bunch of hikers it's animal nature kicks in might accidentally maim or kill someone. So it's important to let nature be in nature and respond appropriately when near bear's or in bear territory.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I actually found Lyndarn's lengthy post very ironic. She is accusing others of being "un-educated", especially the Rangers. However given her grammar and content, it is she who needs more education. A lot more education. And BTW, DEEP's handling of these two bears is the same as many other states, and NPS (National Park Service) rangers. So all these pros have no idea what they're doing and she does. Ok.
TY for pointing out my many spelling errors from last night..It was late and computer constantly auto-corrects so must of appeared incoherent after re-reading it today..and For that I apologize...

But basically what I was saying was the DEEP were not in fear, unless some inexperienced Ranger did the killings. But apparently someone editorialized that this bear was far too vicious and attacked ( which I doubt) ..”
I was responding to the efforts of some poster to paint the picture "
DEEP was basically on a KILL mission because of what some idiot women broke all the rules posted in that park. The fact she was the one that provoked a "Bluff Charge" from a male she was tormenting after being warned to give him space..DEEP Rangers felt they had to put him and his traveling male bear companion because of that...

BTW~~ This women who was advertised as viciously attack is yet another exaggeration by whomever posted that original article~~

DEEP: CT DEEP Closes Hiking Trails at Sessions Woods, Burlington for Weekend

Quote:
DEEP Spokesman Dennis Schain said, “DEEP staff had a chance to talk with this woman after her encounter with the bear. We are relieved she was not injured

Quote:
This was certainly an unusual incident as bears do not often approach people.
"The Ranger" had no choice because the bear/bears attacked them ( as reported by some editorial person)..which I doubt..Posters and folks that do not understand Black Bear behaviour..always paint the human as having to protect themselves..Hence my believing education for those self-important ignorant person's who demand their rights..bely Wild-life's right to just exist!! It maddens me no end!!

Again, I apologize if you feel attempting to provide information and links to a group who have been researching bear behaviour for 4-5 decades offends or requires you to make some sort of derogatory comment..Hope it somehow makes you feel better...Knowledge is Power..Ignorance is harmful...

Happy Labour Day Weekend..and please stay away from bears..or there may be yet more innocent wild bears that will die or worse..you or a loved one could get hurt trying to get that selfie with that bear

Old 09-06-2015, 10:35 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
TY for pointing out my many spelling errors from last night..It was late and computer constantly auto-corrects so must of appeared incoherent after re-reading it today..and For that I apologize...

But basically what I was saying was the DEEP were not in fear, unless some inexperienced Ranger did the killings. But apparently someone editorialized that this bear was far too vicious and attacked ( which I doubt) ..”
I was responding to the efforts of some poster to paint the picture "
DEEP was basically on a KILL mission because of what some idiot women broke all the rules posted in that park. The fact she was the one that provoked a "Bluff Charge" from a male she was tormenting after being warned to give him space..DEEP Rangers felt they had to put him and his traveling male bear companion because of that...

BTW~~ This women who was advertised as viciously attack is yet another exaggeration by whomever posted that original article~~

DEEP: CT DEEP Closes Hiking Trails at Sessions Woods, Burlington for Weekend

"The Ranger" had no choice because the bear/bears attacked them ( as reported by some editorial person)..which I doubt..Posters and folks that do not understand Black Bear behaviour..always paint the human as having to protect themselves..Hence my believing education for those self-important ignorant person's who demand their rights..bely Wild-life's right to just exist!! It maddens me no end!!

Again, I apologize if you feel attempting to provide information and links to a group who have been researching bear behaviour for 4-5 decades offends or requires you to make some sort of derogatory comment..Hope it somehow makes you feel better...Knowledge is Power..Ignorance is harmful...

Happy Labour Day Weekend..and please stay away from bears..or there may be yet more innocent wild bears that will die or worse..you or a loved one could get hurt trying to get that selfie with that bear
Like I said, NPS has been operating and dealing with bears for 100 years. Rangers managed Yellowstone for 50 years before that.

These institutions have scientists, biologists, cutting-edge research. These are professionals, with a lot of training, experience, and education.

They have policies and procedures on how to deal with bears. So does DEEP. These organizations / Agencies coordinate their training, programs, policies, etc.

Killing these bears was not some random act.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:17 PM

442 posts, read 456,060 times
I just reported another bear sighting. My neighbor called to warn me. This bear has been coming here for 3 years, and even enters the yard with a bonfire burning and 11 people around. Double tagged.

Anyway, I always report bear sightings since coming to this site.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
I just reported another bear sighting. My neighbor called to warn me. This bear has been coming here for 3 years, and even enters the yard with a bonfire burning and 11 people around. Double tagged.

Anyway, I always report bear sightings since coming to this site.
Do you have a timelapse camera? They arent expensive now. You can put the camera on a tree or post, set a time period lets say 8pm to 8am and an interval of every minute or 5 minutes. It will take a picture every 5 minutes and also pick up any motion nearby...

This is the one I have. I caught cats, Racoons, Rabbits, Possum and Deer and even my neighbor looking for me. Lol Look on Amazon for deals.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:09 AM

442 posts, read 456,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Do you have a timelapse camera? They arent expensive now. You can put the camera on a tree or post, set a time period lets say 8pm to 8am and an interval of every minute or 5 minutes. It will take a picture every 5 minutes and also pick up any motion nearby...

This is the one I have. I caught cats, Racoons, Rabbits, Possum and Deer and even my neighbor looking for me. Lol Look on Amazon for deals.
I don't but have been meaning to get one. Thanks for the link. I've seen coyote, bobcat, lynx, skunk, racoon, fox, bear, deer all within 100 yards of my house.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:58 AM

62 posts, read 86,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Whose uneducated, you and your pals fail to even factor in politics. You really should. The bear didnt to die and the women should be fined, heftily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut