Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM

156 posts, read 278,158 times

Advertisements

It just took me 2 hours and 40 minutes door to door from Stamford to Devon. My head is spinning. I don't normally work Fridays so is this just a Friday thing?

ADditionally are there any plans to widen this stretch of highway or what? How longs it been this bad? I'm rethinking my plans to buy a house up here and opt for buying a 1 bedroom in Stamford. I have never experienced gridlocked conditions like this before. I feel claustrophobic.

How do you deal w this? Any stress release groups? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 04:01 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Guy View Post
It just took me 2 hours and 40 minutes door to door from Stamford to Devon. My head is spinning. I don't normally work Fridays so is this just a Friday thing?

ADditionally are there any plans to widen this stretch of highway or what? How longs it been this bad? I'm rethinking my plans to buy a house up here and opt for buying a 1 bedroom in Stamford. I have never experienced gridlocked conditions like this before. I feel claustrophobic.

Join the rant club I-95 - Merrit....Traffic...Accidents...over & over

Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,766,193 times
There was an accident early this afternoon on 1-95, north bound near exit 40 in Milford. It shut down two lanes totally for a few hours. I think it was a car or truck pulling a boat trailer- car/truck overturned. That was cause of the worse than usual back log. Probably will find something about it on the evening news/ internet.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
There was an accident early this afternoon on 1-95, north bound near exit 40 in Milford. It shut down two lanes totally for a few hours. I think it was a car or truck pulling a boat trailer- car/truck overturned. That was cause of the worse than usual back log. Probably will find something about it on the evening news/ internet.
Yep. DW left Stamford at 4:15 and arrived in Branford at 7:35. She was planning on taking 25/8 to Merritt North to the Milford Parkway to avoid much of Stratford/Milford but the right lane getting off 27A wasn't moving. She got off at Bic Road and I took her back roads to Marsh Hill in Orange.

Today was a little worse, but it generally takes her 2+ hours when she goes into the office.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 PM

547 posts, read 775,267 times
Quote:

Boat on I-95:

Boat accident on I-95 closed down highway in Milford | wtnh.com Connecticut

Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Quote:

Welcome to the Club! The only way to beat this is by taking the train or long, windy backroads. I assume that was Friday, right?? Took me 45 minutes to get from downtown New Haven to the Milford mall, all because some idiot failed to latch his boat on properly to the back of his truck

Old 11-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Welcome to the Club! The only way to beat this is by taking the train or long, windy backroads. I assume that was Friday, right?? Took me 45 minutes to get from downtown New Haven to the Milford mall, all because some idiot failed to latch his boat on properly to the back of his truck
What windy back roads would you suggest from East Haven? We might move there.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:32 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
There aren't really any from East Haven. Most of the backroads in the 95/15 corridor go north/south and not east/west. The only exception would be some backroads that parallel 15 in Trumbull/Fairfield, but those are only worth it if 95 and 15 are both really backed up and it only skips about 4 exits.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
There aren't really any from East Haven. Most of the backroads in the 95/15 corridor go north/south and not east/west. The only exception would be some backroads that parallel 15 in Trumbull/Fairfield, but those are only worth it if 95 and 15 are both really backed up and it only skips about 4 exits.
Thanks Stylo. You're been a massive help on here. You live in Milford? I'll take you for a beer!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Quote:

I'm usually not there. I only know the back roards from Stamford to Bridgeport. Once you get to New Haven I could help you out though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut