Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Using NowData as the official data source: I made a graph for Bridgeport, CT Daily normal and extremes. I noticed the extremes are more away from the normal in the winter than in the summer. I wonder why. Especially the lows.

Extremes don't go below 0F much or even single digits for that matter. Normal lows dont go below 20F. I see an 84F and a 19F extreme in March.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:50 AM

Hmmm, this sounds familiar from couple days ago. LOL!
Upton:

TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN NEAR SEASONABLE LEVELS SUNDAY THROUGH
TUESDAY
WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER AND MIDDLE 60S.
HOWEVER...TEMPERATURES WILL FALL BELOW NORMAL WEDNESDAY THROUGH
FRIDAY
WITH HIGHS ONLY IN THE 50S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Warm through Saturday. Seasonable Sun-Mon-Tues. Then 30s Tuesday night and the change should start.. Little rain in sight

Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
NWS first thought the cooler air would come on Sunday...now they have pushed it to Wednesday. I'm really starting to think this airmass will only marginally be cooler than normal. Also, looking at the 5.8 F above normal at NWS Bridgeport, I think even if this cooler air arrives by Wednesday, it will be too little, too late to make a much impact in terms of the monthly mean temp at most area NWS stations.

My official guess (?) now is that NWS Bridgeport will end October....+3.5 F.

In any event....another nice stretch of weather is on tap for the Tri-State area - sunny, dry, and mild highs in the 60's F. Looks like a perfect weekend again:

In any even

Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,896 times
Good write up on WTNH's WXedge.

lthough it may not be as early as the previous years, winter is still on it's way! A few years back we've seen flurries as early as October 15th descending through New Haven County. Two years ago we had a snow storm prior to Halloween that dropped roughly 7"-8" in North Haven, CT. Last year, we were blanketed with 13.5" on November 7th. Some people are absolutely against AccuWeather in terms of forecast, however I have no problem with them. They do an excellent job at pinpointing the lowest temperatures to be in the valleys (ex. Wallingford vs. Durham). The forecasts constantly change but it's still fun to look at for us weather geeks! Currently, the first sign of winter in our state is on October 27th, roughly a week away up in Norfolk (icebox of CT).

Courtesy: AccuWeather.com
Only a thin glaze of ice according to the forecast. As of now, the first day of November may kick-start with some flurries as well. Anything after 5 days out in a forecast becomes unreliable, so keep in mind, things can easily project to be better or for worse. Thanks for reading!

Connecticut's Extreme Weather Home | WXedge.com | First Signs of Wintry Weather in CT?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
AWESOME....

BUT... i think we aRe being set up for disappointment this year. Im declaring this winter a bust already even though i pray im wrong.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
AWESOME....

BUT... i think we aRe being set up for disappointment this year. Im declaring this winter a bust already even though i pray im wrong.
lol. I don't remember you're posts being sarcastic or negative in the past but maybe that's the way to do it. Call it a bust "before" it even happens. LOL

Anyway... Latest GFS out wanted to point one thing out only.

Thursday evening.

In the Winter months this would be easy to call "snow showers" even to the coast but much more to look at than just this map this time of year. The light green is just light precip which would be a cold drizzle. Either way, the temps will remind us its end of October.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This has a near zero chance of happening with the pattern we are in
I have to correct this statement. The guy/girl doesn't know what they are talking about. The pattern we are in DOES NOT support it but the pattern we are going in DOES. The storm wasn't for this week, its next week. Apparently they aren't good at seeing patterns coming up.

I do agree however about not hyping something up, that's why I wait until I see something more than once or twice.

With that said... I wanted to show you the Euro just out and how it FULLY supports a snowy and cold pattern.

The trough is in the east. The storms usually follow and blow up on the right side of the trough. Blues are below freezing at 4000'.

So you have cold air filtering down from the Arctic and Canada. You have a path as shown in pink, then a storm off the coast develops and BOOM. NorEaster with snow on backside.

Not saying CT would have snow but obviously we had the most October AND November snows in past 2 years because of this type of setup.

This DOES favor a storm happening. We just have to see if one shows up. Euro has it showing up. 993mb NorEaster.
Attached Thumbnails
New Connecticut Weather Thread-euro29.jpg  

Old 10-18-2013, 01:26 PM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
@BradNBCCT: YIKES! pattern looks like late Autumn mid to end of next week...long range, after that looking quite cold...#NBCCTFirstAlertWeather

PERFECT

Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Then according to logic we are "due" right ?????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut