Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,534 times

Advertisements

Stylo, do you mind ping me the landscaper in Danbury area? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 05:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
Check out this young couple if you don't want to put illegals in your property.
Local new company with green methods, interesting ideas and surprising fair prices
[url=http://www.y2tlandscape.com/]Yard to Table Landscape[/url]

Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,797 times
There are two companies in my area that do beautiful work, one of which I'm sure services Wilton (in addition to the usual danbury are towns, their website states that they cover Redding, Ridgefield "and many other towns." ). It's called Grass Roots, and here is a link to their website: Custom Annual Lawncare Program - Grass Roots Inc.
They offer a whole host of services and programs, set up kind of like a Chinese menu - you pick what you want them to do from simple (weekly mowings) to full blown property maintenance.

The other company is called Property Maintenance, and they do beautiful work. This is a company we just started using (it took me forever - as in years -- to become a customer, because they're that busy (I think it's time for them to expand operations if you ask me, or maybe they just have and that's why they were able to take us this year) but I've always admired the work they do since many of my neighbors use them. To give you an idea re cost, we are being charged $40 per mowing. We also just had them do a spring cleanup, which cost $225. They also just did a heavy seeding for us (due to lawn damage caused by harsh winter and an ambitious mole that visited our backyard earlier this spring) and they also reset some paving stones out front which had settled oddly this past winter. That cost $300. We have signed up for regularly scheduled fertilizations (three a year) at a cost of $100 a pop. We are foregoing weed control this year only because of the new seed that was just planted, but have signed up for grub control treatment which will happen later in the summer - I can't remember the price for that though. They're very thorough and take regular soil samples to test acidity so that they know how much lime to spread throughout the summer. So far I'm very happy, but again we just started using them.

Both companies are based in New Fairfield, and so pricing i would imagine is more in line with the.northern fairfield county demographic and probably a lot less than a local Wilton or lower Ffld county company would charge. Could be worth exploring. And even if they were to charge a trip/fuel surcharge, you still might come out ahead.

PS the prices above are based on our 2 acre lot, of which about a half acre is lawn and the rest wooded. Not sure how your property compares

Last edited by Lalalally; 05-26-2014 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-26-2014, 07:36 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
You could just go to downtown Danbury and pick up day laborers near the Bus Depot.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:57 PM

229 posts, read 463,258 times
We hired two Ecuadorians from Danbury (by the bus station) and they helped us dig our garden (pretty difficult job, considering there were a lot of rocks) for $15/hour/person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut