Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM

302 posts, read 295,985 times

Advertisements

How Did This Woman Do This And Not Die?

Video of accident in link

Quote:
This video released by Connecticut's Fairfield Police Department shows Rosa Blanca Chavarria-Medina in her Nissan Maxima yesterday shooting off an I-95 exit ramp and hitting five other vehicles before smashing into the side of a building.1P

What makes her lucky? That she somehow managed to not hit the large, extremely combustible gas station right in her way.

The Fairfield police report in their Facebook posting that four individuals including an 18-month-old kid are being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. The police also note that there was "an indication of intoxication and a high rate of speed."
That's the Black Rock exit off I-95...which ends directly across the street from the gas station (I get off there every morning to get to the FFMetro station). Didn't notice anything up this morning, but I'm usually busy trying not get sideswiped while making a left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 11:53 AM

123 posts, read 166,529 times
Is it too early to say she "got millerized" ?

Old 03-26-2014, 07:16 PM

363 posts, read 635,434 times
They need to ban drunk driving

Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
This is nuts!! This woman should never drive again, and its no surprise that shes from Bridgeport. What a piece of $%*#.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 PM

84 posts, read 136,512 times
Lucky the gas station didn't explode, I wasn't in the mood to evacuate!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfieldConnecticut View Post
Lucky the gas station didn't explode, I wasn't in the mood to evacuate!

Evacuate?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM

84 posts, read 136,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Evacuate?
Evacuate means to leave the scene of danger. Anyways, if a gas station explodes, the explosion will be powerful. I live about a mile or two away in Fairfield to he south from where it happened.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfieldConnecticut View Post
Evacuate means to leave the scene of danger. Anyways, if a gas station explodes, the explosion will be powerful. I live about a mile or two away in Fairfield to he south from where it happened.

I didn't know that.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
I heard there was a pretty bad accident in Danbury on Mill Plain Rd (or is that still Lake Ave ext??) by Ethan Allen. Not sure when it happened or how bad it was as I went through that area about noon, but when I got to my 5:30 class in Waterbury, the people coming from the regular campus in Danbury had to drive right through it and they said it was pretty bad.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 AM

837 posts, read 2,083,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
How Did This Woman Do This And Not Die?

Video of accident in link

That's the Black Rock exit off I-95...which ends directly across the street from the gas station (I get off there every morning to get to the FFMetro station). Didn't notice anything up this morning, but I'm usually busy trying not get sideswiped while making a left.
Apparently, she was arrested previously for DUI by Westport Police.

In this latest incident, she was driving under the influence with a 0.3 BAC at 70mph. I'm surprised police let her go after she was treated for minor wounds at St.Vincent's Hospital.

A warrant has now been issued for her arrest. However, it looks like she went missing...?

Cops with DUI warrant hunt for driver in Cumberland Farms crash - Fairfield Citizen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut