Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:21 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
How are earbuds any different than a stereo system at a high volume? People with loud stereo systems must enrage you too!
Sound has nothing to do with road respect except the need to be able to hear sirens of course.

You can be deaf and know to move over because someone is coming up on you.

You can have cottonballs in your ears but know not to stay slow in left lane.

It's contributed one of these factors. "distraction" "knowledge" "idiocy" or "disrespect".

We should come up with something to remind or teach these ___________ to move over.

How about we run them off the road? LMAO. (JK!) How about we hold up a sign after we move in front of them.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,100,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
So what you're saying is that you drive oblivious to what's going on around you...

Why not get a bluetooth speaker kit? They're inexpensive ($30 on Amazon). Nothing to wear. Much safer.
No I'm saying . wear ear buds to talk on the phone when driving. My driving is just fine and I respect the road and the other drivers on it. Seems to the problem is all yours, maybe you should try to relax a little and take things in stride

Old 07-26-2014, 09:24 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Earbuds/headphones are illegal in many states for a very good reason being very dangerous while driving. It ridiculous that they are not illegal in Ct.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:59 PM

691 posts, read 1,150,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
No I'm saying . wear ear buds to talk on the phone when driving. My driving is just fine and I respect the road and the other drivers on it. Seems to the problem is all yours, maybe you should try to relax a little and take things in stride
It's not about 'relaxing'--it's about safety on the road and getting from point A to point B efficiently without being unnecessarily held up by morons without a clue how to drive.

You do realize that a bluetooth speaker kit would allow you to make hands-free phone calls in your car, without the obnoxious earpiece..right?

Old 07-26-2014, 02:03 PM

I tend to travel at around 75 mph...which doesn't really fall in the 'speeder' category IMHO. It's the speed I find most efficient..which will get me from A to B reasonably quickly while maintaining good fuel economy and minimizing my risk of getting pulled over.

And, yeah...if I'm in the PASSING lane, I'm there to pass and move over as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, driving habits around here (and pretty much the entire Bos-Wash corridor, from my experience) often do not allow for that.

Quote:
How are earbuds any different than a stereo system at a high volume? People with loud stereo systems must enrage you too!

The problem I have with your post is that you are more than likely just like so many others. You say "OMG left lane is passing lane!" but then move at significantly higher than posted speed limit speeds, or you just sit in the left lane going 80+ or whatever you travel at.

The idea of a passing lane is to pass and THEN get back into the travel lane. People who typically complain about left lane hogs are the a**holes that have just GOT to travel at insane speeds. "Holy crap, there's a dude moving at only 10mph over the speed limit, doesn't he know I am late for work!"

In the instance that someone is indeed traveling AT the speed limit and sitting in the left lane, then I feel you guys. Other than that, you'll likely fall under the "a**hole speeder" category in my opinion.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:06 PM

You realize many earbuds are 'noise cancelling', correct? And..yeah..I really don't want to hear someone else's music, anyway. Especially the crap that those types tend to blast.

Quote:

The problem I have with your post is that you are more than likely just like so many others. You say "OMG left lane is passing lane!" but then move at significantly higher than posted speed limit speeds, or you just sit in the left lane going 80+ or whatever you travel at.

The idea of a passing lane is to pass and THEN get back into the travel lane. People who typically complain about left lane hogs are the a**holes that have just GOT to travel at insane speeds. "Holy crap, there's a dude moving at only 10mph over the speed limit, doesn't he know I am late for work!"

In the instance that someone is indeed traveling AT the speed limit and sitting in the left lane, then I feel you guys. Other than that, you'll likely fall under the "a**hole speeder" category in my opinion.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
It's not about 'relaxing'--it's about safety on the road and getting from point A to point B efficiently without being unnecessarily held up by morons without a clue how to drive.

You do realize that a bluetooth speaker kit would allow you to make hands-free phone calls in your car, without the obnoxious earpiece..right?
My ear buds are not noise cancelling and I prefer them over Bluetooth speaker. My wife's car has full Bluetooth integration and I use that all the time when driving her car. But my car is older and I prefer to use my ear buds. If someone drives like an idiot they will do so whether or not they use ear buds.

This just sounds like a perfect excuse to complain. Relax a little and don't let silly things like a slow driver wearing ear buds get your underwear in a bunch.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:15 PM

Whatever floats your boat, bro. Just keep out of the left lane and it's fine. Besides, the majority of western mass is a dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
My ear buds are not noise cancelling and I prefer them over Bluetooth speaker. My wife's car has full Bluetooth integration and I use that all the time when driving her car. But my car is older and I prefer to use my ear buds. If someone drives like an idiot they will do so whether or not they use ear buds.

This just sounds like a perfect excuse to complain. Relax a little and don't let silly things like a slow driver wearing ear buds get your underwear in a bunch.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
How about we hold up a sign after we move in front of them.

Hold your head high.

And your middle finger higher.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat, bro. Just keep out of the left lane and it's fine. Besides, the majority of western mass is a dump
Lol Really mature.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut