Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 02:34 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I agree. I could never vote for him after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Meh. Sitting in a prison sounds a lot worse than death to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Getting rid of the death penalty did it in for me for Malloy. Those sub-human animals from Cheshire would be breathing air a lot longer if he was governor at the time.
I'm not for or against the DP, but I think life w/o parole is much harsher a punishment that having a needle stuck in you. But if it were me, these criminals would be sent to a hard labor camp in Alaska, reminicent of the Soviet Gulags in Siberia in the mid 20th Century in a similar climate. They'd be WISHING for a quick execution.

Back on topic, I think that Malloy and Foley are neck n neck and it really is a 50/50 tossup as to who will win. Additionally, I don't think that the other 3rd canidate (can't remember his name) is going to help one of the two over the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Okay, phew...the tide could still turn.
Don't forget: Malloy can always get as many delayed votes as necessary in Bridgeport.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:49 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Don't forget: Malloy can always get as many delayed votes as necessary in Bridgeport.
How could you say that? That Ayala woman is as honest as the day is long.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:12 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Yes, obviously if Malloy wins the election is stolen and if Foley wins it's a mandate from the people.... Right?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Interesting statement from Malloy during the debate tonight.

"If you don't like/want me, then vote for Visconti, not Foley".

It did help Malloy that WVIT stated every ~10 minutes that they were in constant contact with Foley's camp but couldn't get him to participate in the debate.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Interesting statement from Malloy during the debate tonight.

"If you don't like/want me, then vote for Visconti, not Foley".

It did help Malloy that WVIT stated every ~10 minutes that they were in constant contact with Foley's camp but couldn't get him to participate in the debate.
Very interesting!

Even though I didn't see that debate those quoted words may mean that "I'm running just because and if I lose it's no big deal in as long as it's not to Foley".

Malloy may get his wish one way when the POTUS comes in to imho "anti" campaign for him.

This election is too close and won't take much more to lose or win.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM

I think Foley was an idiot to skip the debate. Visconti is a bigger threat to him than he is to Malloy, and allowing them to share the stage without him made Visconti bigger than he would otherwise have been.

I'm unenthusiastic about Foley but I just couldn't vote for Malloy. That's not a recipe for victory by a challenger candidate when a staunch Republican (or at least staunch anti-Democrat) feels that way. If people like me aren't enthusiastic, I don't know how well Foley will do with the independent voters that he really needs to win.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I think Foley was an idiot to skip the debate.
This, unfortunately, sealed Foley's fate. I think we will have to endure a future with Malloy.

Foley, you suck.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
This, unfortunately, sealed Foley's fate. I think we will have to endure a future with Malloy.

Foley, you suck.
I voted for McKinney in the primary, even though I generally detest lifetime politicians. I thought he'd stand a better chance against Malloy and I actually like his positions on the issues, generally. He's a fiscal conservative and social moderate.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:43 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Even though I didn't see that debate those quoted words may mean that "I'm running just because and if I lose it's no big deal in as long as it's not to Foley".
Even if you did see the debate, those words don't mean that. I can't imagine any sensible interpretation would lead to that conclusion.

For Malloy at this point a vote for Visconti is as good as a vote for Malloy. No one who votes Visonti, would EVER vote for Malloy.

As far as Foley not participating... Based on his answers to questions in the past, and his lack of positions on anything, it may have been a good move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut