Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:05 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,746,880 times

Advertisements

The story about illegals obtaining free medical treatment is true in MA but I don't know about CT.

I know because my husband is a LEGAL permanent resident who immigrated the right way. He is a retiree who paid all his life for health insurance in his own country but never paid into Medicare here. Soon after he arrived, he needed to see a doctor and was referred to a clinic. He had to pay but the illegals didn't. The reason was that my husband was legal and documented so if he didn't pay, they could track him and find him. He has a green card and a social security number.

If you are illegal, you are flying under the radar and it's almost as if you don't exist. They get health treatment and no attempt is made to make them pay for it. The state pays. I am torn because if they are living here, they need health care just as much as anyone else. The problem is, why do they get it for free with the state paying the bill.

My husband pays for health insurance now that we've had time to get him enrolled. But that experience at the clinic was an eye opener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 08:12 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,155,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
The bottom 40% of taxpayers pay a negative tax rate meaning they get money back mainly from the EITC

The top 20% of taxpayers pay 84% of all federal income tax

The top 1% earn 17% of all income yet pay 46% of all the taxes

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax - WSJ

Poor people from south america are a burden, why can't people admit this? Please stop making excuses and face reality.
How much of the nation's wealth do the top 1% have? What about the top 20%?

I don't understand how you are going to fund the country by squeezing money from people who don't have any.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:35 AM

25 posts, read 20,149 times
Quote:

Poor people from south america are a burden, why can't people admit this? Please stop making excuses and face reality.
Wait, Mexicans are from S. America?

Which is it? The Mexicans? The Guatemalans? The Cambodians? The Polish? The Jamaican? The Bulgarian? The Ukrainian?

Illegal Immigrants are not all named Pablo and Pedro. Many of them are white and blonde.

The problem is an immigration problem, not a "south american" one...

Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 AM

25 posts, read 20,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you are illegal, you are flying under the radar and it's almost as if you don't exist. They get health treatment and no attempt is made to make them pay for it. The state pays. I am torn because if they are living here, they need health care just as much as anyone else. The problem is, why do they get it for free with the state paying the bill.

Which is exactly why they OUGHT to be ID'ed. We can't do a damn thing if we don't even know their names or where they live or even have any record of them existing.

From my close experiences with illegal immigrants, they WANT to do things the right way. I know that's ironic because they already broke the law to come here, but have a little heart and realize, these are people with families who leave a country where their chances of surviving on 5$ a day are near impossible. They come here to enjoy all the things we enjoy.

If the GOOD ONES want to stay here, pay their taxes, contribute to society, I have no problem with that. As I have said, the immigration system is completely broken and it seems that the bad people are rewarded , and the good ones suffer.

STORY OF EVERYONE'S LIFE RIGHT?

Old 04-26-2015, 01:52 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,020,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner4life1984 View Post
Wait, Mexicans are from S. America?

Which is it? The Mexicans? The Guatemalans? The Cambodians? The Polish? The Jamaican? The Bulgarian? The Ukrainian?

Illegal Immigrants are not all named Pablo and Pedro. Many of them are white and blonde.

The problem is an immigration problem, not a "south american" one...
Um OK poor immigrants from Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras, South America and panama are a problem

As I demonstrated before illegal & legal immigrants from Mexico with a child have a 75% of being on welfare

The point is that the poor immigrants are more of a burden

Old 04-26-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How much of the nation's wealth do the top 1% have? What about the top 20%?

I don't understand how you are going to fund the country by squeezing money from people who don't have any.
Why don't you just explain how our tax system is fair if the top 20% has to pay such a disproportionate amount of tax realtive to their earnings. Just like the post demonstrates

Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Why don't you just explain how our tax system is fair if the top 20% has to pay such a disproportionate amount of tax realtive to their earnings. Just like the post demonstrates
It's plenty fair in that they (A) benefitted most from the American system and (B) the top 20% has the overwhelming majority of the nations wealth.

It's not disproportionate at all. The percentage that the wealthy pay (not the top 20%-- the wealth) is way too low.

Poor people don't have any money-- Hence the term "poor." What's to be gained by increasing taxes on those who have no money?

Old 04-26-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Um OK poor immigrants from Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras, South America and panama are a problem

As I demonstrated before illegal & legal immigrants from Mexico with a child have a 75% of being on welfare

The point is that the poor immigrants are more of a burden
So, in other words, just the brown ones are a problem? What a shameful thing to say.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
It's plenty fair in that they (A) benefitted most from the American system and (B) the top 20% has the overwhelming majority of the nations wealth.

It's not disproportionate at all. The percentage that the wealthy pay (not the top 20%-- the wealth) is way too low.

Poor people don't have any money-- Hence the term "poor." What's to be gained by increasing taxes on those who have no money?
Um it is mathematically disproportionate.

As I said the top 1% earn 17% and pay 45%

The bottom 40% pay a negative rate! They get money back!

Without the wealthy we would be Zimbabwe the rich don't owe society anything

You should be on your knees thanking the rich who made this country

Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
So, in other words, just the brown ones are a problem? What a shameful thing to say.
No just poor ones who choose to go on welfare

Why should I pay for boatloads of immigrants from another country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut