Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Win?
Donald Trump 44 45.83%
Jeb Bush 1 1.04%
Scott Walker 1 1.04%
Mike Huckabee 0 0%
Ben Carson 1 1.04%
Ted Cruz 8 8.33%
Marco Rubio 13 13.54%
Rand Paul 4 4.17%
Chris Christie 5 5.21%
John Kasich 5 5.21%
Other 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:39 AM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times

Advertisements

Once again, please return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-21-2015, 10:45 AM

505 posts, read 428,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Black Lives Matter didn't start because someone wanted money. I don't know where that's coming from. It was a reaction to what was perceived (and I'm not going to debate here whether it was real or not) as unfair abuse. Lawsuits and etc started flying because we're a litigious society where people of all colors and situations sue for everything - whether you're poor or you're Trump.

They may all BEGIN because of "perceived social injustice" but many continue when the donations roll in and they realize that they need to stay relevant for them to continue.

It's certainly no surprise that a "donate" button appears on the website as soon as it's put up. As well as an online "store".

It's not exclusive to this organization but almost all organizations operate like this.

Why else do so many people become involved in places/situations they have no involvement in/ know nothing about?

none of the founders of BLM were involved with or knew people like Trayvon Martin or Freddie Gray. They don't EVEN live in the same state.

REAL change begins at home.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
Not likely. He's been trailing Clinton badly since the start of the campaign and has been unable to close the gap. My guess is that she will ask him to be Vice President thus unifying both sides of the Democratic party.

Sanders has no chance of creating jobs. To pay for his healthcare and education programs taxes would have to be greatly increased (Unless other programs are greatly cut back)

In response to these increases private companies would simply layoff workers or even shut down operations.
Out of all the Candiates seems only one able to create job's outside of Trump. Just Trumps ideals are a bit too much.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:58 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Out of all the Candiates seems only one able to create job's outside of Trump. Just Trumps ideals are a bit too much.
Why don't you think Hillary will create jobs as much as Sanders? And what is Trump's plan for creating jobs?

Old 12-21-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Why don't you think Hillary will create jobs as much as Sanders? And what is Trump's plan for creating jobs?
Hillary through out the campaign has switched positions where the wind guides her to receive has many votes as possible. Her economic ideals share similarities to Obamas' policy offer no change to current economic situation.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:16 AM

Gotcha.. how about Trump?

Old 12-21-2015, 11:24 AM

There's gotta be a middle point... I wouldn't want to increase taxes on anyone but eliminate some tax loopholes as a way to reduce the deficit. I used to work in sales for high net worth people (assets over $10m) in a role working with their personal taxes and you wouldn't believe how creative some people are able to be to lower their tax bill. And I would have plenty incentive to work hard even if my peers made half that much... that's still a lot of money.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Gotcha.. how about Trump?
I have no clue ha. He's going to win the Republican nomination so decided to throw his name in there. If it came down to just Clinton and Trump...Sabders wasn't running as Third Party I am sitting this out. If it did doubt came down to any Republican besides Trump vs Hillary I'll vote Republican and Sanders wasn't running as a third party.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:41 AM

505 posts, read 428,655 times
Quote:

Trump and co recognize some important truths.

1) There are 10-20 + million people in this country who do not belong here and are taking an excessive toll on the system. They need to be out of here ASAP. Also we need clear standards on who actually come and settle in this country. The "freeloader" migrant express must end. It will take some time but is certainly possible and the country will be in much better shape down the road.

2) He is going to place tariffs on China and Mexico (and possibly other countries) which will help the US become more competitive in keeping jobs here.

3) Infrastructure programs- like building a Wall on the Mexican border (real estate and construction ARE his specialties)

4) Taxes- He is going to change the tax system, simplify it and cut taxes- yet keep it in a tiered structure so that the wealthy still pay their fair share.

Now... all of these programs will involve some fight but they are all realistic and will work well- maybe not for the multimillionaires and billionaires who become wealthy using illegal aliens and outsourcing jobs- BUT the middle class will do fine!

Last edited by JayCT; 12-21-2015 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Removed off topic discussion

Old 12-21-2015, 12:04 PM

If there was a candidate with Dem social policies (except illegal immigration- I'm more Rep on that), Rep fiscal policies, AND wants to kick ISIS' ass, that would be an easy decision for me. I'll register whichever party to vote for that person. In this race, it seems that's more someone like Trump or Hillary but I can't quite tell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut