Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:51 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,192,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
No it IS THEIR fault- and NOBODY else's! ISIS and Al Qaeda have the support of tens of millions throughout the Muslim world! They all cite Islamic teaching and ideology as their motivation. They are not some weird fringe cults with only a handful of members.

If they want to live like that I'm fine with it personally. But the U.S. is NOT an Islamic country and we should be allowing in hostile people AND supporting them financially!
MS13 and the cartels use Catholic doctrine and symbolism to have good PR, so did the PIRA. Nazis used a ton of Protestant ideology, Darwin, and Nietzsche of all people to justify the war. Slaveholders used the bible, Buddhist death squads quote the Dhampada as they slaughter whole villages in Myanmar. All these groups have more supporters than Isis, by millions.

The truth is that people can be radicalized easily, look at some of these posts for example: they had fear instilled and are defensive of their stances. Why? Is it based it on anything or a reasonable chance of happening? Not at all but they are so wound up in fear that has been fed to them. The nativist movement had techniques eerily similar to Isis and AQ.

As for the USs role in formation and ire of AQ and especially ISIS pm me the story is absolutely insane and riddled with foolish thinking.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:02 AM

505 posts, read 428,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
MS13 and the cartels use Catholic doctrine and symbolism to have good PR, so did the PIRA. Nazis used a ton of Protestant ideology, Darwin, and Nietzsche of all people to justify the war. Slaveholders used the bible, Buddhist death squads quote the Dhampada as they slaughter whole villages in Myanmar. All these groups have more supporters than Isis, by millions.

The truth is that people can be radicalized easily, look at some of these posts for example: they had fear instilled and are defensive of their stances. Why? Is it based it on anything or a reasonable chance of happening? Not at all but they are so wound up in fear that has been fed to them. The nativist movement had techniques eerily similar to Isis and AQ.

As for the USs role in formation and ire of AQ and especially ISIS pm me the story is absolutely insane and riddled with foolish thinking.

Like I said many times before and will keep reiterating- CT should NOT be accepting ANYONE unless they can identify an income source and/or a means of support that doesn't rely on taxpayers!

We don't have to sift through all these ideologies. If they have no money or jobs lined up or people who will guarantee them- then stay where they are!!!!!! That goes for all the countries!!!!

Are you nuts?? Of course the stance is reasonable-and thank God that congress acted on it!! What's unreasonable is the interest people have in bringing all these useless people to the state.

I wasn't suggesting that the U.S. is funding ISIS- but that we are supporting future would be terrorists by bringing them here and subsidizing then

Old 11-20-2015, 09:07 AM

505 posts, read 428,921 times
ANYBODY who is feeling so desperate to appear "good" and has a deep unrelenting desire to help others is welcome to send me a PM!!!

There are obviously a lot of people with a lot of excess money and time on their hands and you DON"T have to go all the way to Syria to find people who will take it from you.

I will be happy to take your "support" and tell you how wonderful you are.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:22 AM

1,679 posts, read 3,019,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houselr View Post
18 U.S. Mayors To Obama: We'll Take Even More Refugees

Mayor of Hartford along with other 18 mayors , How disgusting is this
It is disgusting and I couldn't agree more! I used to live in Hartford and like any inner city it is full of a lot of poor people not that in tune to reality.

The mayor is just like all the other mayors in inner cities, in that he will act like a demagague due to low information voter base. In the end the people of hartford will not be the ones paying for all this it will be the state or the federal government.

It isn't right to force citizens of this country to pay for every problem across the globe. The part that is truely disgusting is that these so called refugees will end up going on welfare and not assimilate. We have gotten to the point where we have become so divided and that politics now boils down to racial identity spurred by idiots like this Mayor.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
This thread has gone off topic. Please return to the the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-20-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
Of course I know who Sikorsky is!!!

I don't need any comments on how opposition to these "refugees" is due to ignorance or any type of narrow view. They are perfectly justified in light of the growing Islamic attacks on the west and the rise of Salafi ideology across the Middle East.

I don't need you to make assumptions on what I do and don't know. I'm an avid reader of history on many topics and will debate you any day of the week!!!

Syria is/was a backwards hellhole of a country-and these conditions are part of the reasons they went into civil war to begin with. It is up to THEM to justify their presence to US since our society is completely different and we have a much higher standard of living.

The U.S. has been built up because we had entrepreneurial people come and take risks and work hard- The people you mentioned are exceptions to the rule. Syrians are NOT responsible for America's or CT's success in any way shape or form.

It isn't 1800 anymore. The U.S. has a large population and many areas are already settled and have thriving companies. These days many people come to the U.S. to see what they can squeeze from the taxpayers.

Anyone who comes from Syria should only be allowed in if they have advanced degrees and/or has a job lined up/ someone willing to support them.
Why can't a Syrain family coming to Hartford become a productive member of our society? And yes it is not 1800 but everyone of the people I listed except for Sikorsky are modern day people who have made very big contributions to our country. Besides them there are thousands of others who contribute as well including many in Hartford. Jay

Old 11-20-2015, 12:15 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,477 times
aren't inner city residents of hartford almost the same thing as refugees?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:52 PM

Since this thread cannot remain on topic to the OP or this forum I am shutting it down. Thank you for your posts. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut