Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,757,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrai309 View Post
JayCT, What is the Town Green? I did go across the bridge and past the downtown to take a look at the hospital real quick. We then drove back on Elm St? or turned on to it. I think there were some store fronts to our left as we were driving. My fiancee said her aunt had a business there way back when.
Once you cross Veterans' Bridge (Routes 202 East and 67 East) and the train tracks, you will go up a small incline. It is the one-way street that gets you to Town Hall and eventually the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrai309 View Post
Rich Lee--Thanks for the little history lesson on the area. I liked the threat to secede from Putnam county for Dutchess ITs like Quebec threatening Canada or Vermont threatening the US LOL. By the way, I know there is reservoir and water shed areas in Putnam county but is there some sort of state park either in CT, or NY? THere was an awful lot of woods as we drove around Route 37. Thanks again.
I don't know where the dump ended up. Around this same time, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witness organization) built an arc (boat) along Route 22 in Patterson. This was a precursor to their enormous complex that was built a few years later.

Not too far from where you were was Squantz Pond State Park. The area near Candlewood Lake is wooded.

As for your question on selecting REALTORS®, here are a few thoughts:
1) Connecticut is a buyer-agency state. Interview a few agents before signing a buyer-broker agreement. (Typically, you're not obligated to pay a Buyer-Agent unless (s)he shows you a FSBO. This needs to be discussed prior to the showing.)

2) Tour the desired area and take notes on whose signs you see. NOTE: this could also be a deterrent if a realty has too many signs (maybe they're not effective in selling them).

3) Agents need to be licensed in every state in which they do business. Many agents along the state line are NOT licensed to do business in only one state. Therefore, they can't show properties in both.

4) In Connecticut, ask the REALTOR® if (s)he has access to both MLS's: Statewide MLS and Consolidated (regional) MLS. In New York, ask the REALTOR® if (s)he is a member of the Westchester-Putnam MLS and the Mid-Hudson MLS.

5) When you are ready to sign with a REALTOR®, start off by limiting the scope of the agreement to perhaps one town. If you are pleased with the service (especially communication), then broadened the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut