Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,940 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate there from Central PA within the year. We would love a new home on less than an acre. Are there any newer developments that are towards the end of development with a few lots still available? I would hate to be the first home in a new development, for the fear I wont have neighbors for years- lol Our price range is 500-700k. My husband will be working in Glastonbury and we want to be as close to work as possible and be in an excellent school district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 12:55 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
suends2move - Welcome to Connecticut and welcome to Glastonbury. There are not a lot of new developments being built here, but there are a couple of newer homes in your price range in newer developments. The two biggest new developments are Glastonbury Heights and High Meadow both of which are being built by Toll Brothers. Both of these however are almost completed and have few homes or lots available. There are a number of resales available in Glastonbury Heights.

There is also a larger new development called Kongscut Valley which is being built by a local builder Jacques & Son. One development I like is Crosby Homestead which is being built by another local builder Skip Kamis. I like the location because it is near Eastbury School, Eastbury Library, Eastbury Pond and the East Glastonbury Post Office. These homes are sort of New England colonials and are very well built. I have ehard that the builder can be hard to work with if you build with them. I am not sure what the price range is for these two developments but your higher end ($700k) may be on the lower end of the price range.

In addtion to these there some newer homes that are built in older neighborhoods that may be of interest. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions. Jay

Old 02-04-2008, 02:22 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
I don't know a lot about developments in Glastonbury, but I did spend a week there on business and it is a lovely town.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:40 PM

11 posts, read 16,557 times
Default Any newer areas?

looking for area where houses have public utilities (gas lines, city water, and public sewage) in Glastonbury. Which areas are there?

Old 03-25-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56 View Post
looking for area where houses have public utilities (gas lines, city water, and public sewage) in Glastonbury. Which areas are there?
There is not a lot of new construction in Glastonbury where there are public utilities available. There may be a house here or there that is new in an existing neighborhood but new neighborhoods are few. That said the only new construction that meets your desire to have full public utilities is Abbey Road which is located off Candlewood Road in North Glastonbury. The lots are about 1/3 acre in size and the homes are about 2,000 to 3,000 square feet in size. The homes have city water (MDC), sewers (town) and gas (CNG). I am sure if you Google Abbey Road you will find their website with more information.

So you know, I live near Abbey Road and it a great area. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants in town as well as Route 2 and I-84/I-384. This area is districted for Naubuc School which is a wonderful diverse school that performs significantly better than the state averages on the Connecticut Mastery Tests. My kids went through Naubuc and they received an excellent education. I think you may like it. Jay

Old 03-25-2015, 05:17 PM

thank you Jay!!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM

do you know anything about Paxton Road in Glastonbury ? How is the street?

Old 03-25-2015, 05:54 PM

Paxton Road is a very nice street. Most of the homes there were built by Toll Brothers, the large scale home builders. I have heard good and bad about the quality of the homes there. Still the homes are nice enough. Toll is building another new development out off Hebron Avenue in East Glastonbury but I do not think they have any public utilities. If you like newer homes you could also check out the homes being built by Jacques & Sons off Ash Swamp Road. Personally though I prefer the homes built by Caterino Brothers or Skip Kamis. They seem to be better built and have better finishes. They do not build large scale developments like Toll but that is what I prefer. Jay.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:42 PM

Thanks again!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
You really can't go wrong anywhere in Glastonbury
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut