Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 03:52 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,607 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Cambium, I'll give it another go. Gotta spread some rep around, but thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 02:03 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I must ask...how do you post pics here? I'm on a Samsung galaxy android tablet. I see the photo icon and can't get it right. Someone on another thread advised clicking the paperclip. That worked once and the link to the photo posted, but not the actual photo. Since then i have not seen the paperclip, and im back to square one trying to post pics. I've been exploring CT lately & snapping some cool photos ... (I think). But I'm obviously a techno-flunky.
I’m not sure if this will help or confuse you but this is the methodology from Frequently Asked Questions. It’s not as hard as this sounds:

To preface this post, let me first state that the instructions to follow specifically refer to posting "original content." Simply put, these instructions pertain to posting photos that you have taken or are personally in possession of as title holder. Please be very careful about posting images of any kind that are not yours or are copyrighted. No copyrighted images are to be posted on the City-Data forums.

The posting of photos in a post can be done by one of these two ways.

ONE: Have an outside hosting site transfer your picture to this site by way of a URL. Make sure that the hosting site allows for transferring to another internet site. Some don’t. A good free hosting site is photobucket (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket). It’s free and very user friendly. Upload your pictures there and then use the URL assigned to the picture with the image feature here on this site. You can either use the https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/im...nsertimage.gif icon or tag it with the “IMG” brackets ([ ]). Either way will result in the same thing, your photo that’s hosted at photo bucket (or other hosting site) being displayed within your post. Here is the procedure:

Click on the https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/im...nsertimage.gif icon and insert either by typing or pasting the URL assigned to the photo by the hosting site. Or, just take the URL of the photo and enclose it within or inside the tags . Either way will result in the same thing.

TWO: Use this site to host your picture. This is probably easier because the picture you want to post is probably already on your local drive. This will allow you to upload the photo from your local drive to this site and post it as an attachment to your post which can then be made to display in its entirety within your post. Here is the procedure:

Click on the little paper clip icon located above the text box. Another window will open up that's called "Manage Attachments."

Choose the pictures from you local drive that you want to display by clicking on the "browse" button.

Once a picture is chosen from your local drive, click on the "upload" button.

When upload is complete, you'll see the attachment listed under "Current Attachments."

Repeat the procedure for the rest of the pictures you want to be displayed.

When finished, go back to the little paper clip icon and click on it.

When the menu drops down, you'll see the list of attachments you just uploaded. Choose which ones you want to show up in your post or select "insert all" if you want all the pictures you just uploaded to be displayed in your post.

After doing this, you'll see in the text box the attachement number with the "attach" tags [ ] wrapped around it.

Your pictures will now be set up to show inside your post in thumbnail form.

If you wish them to display in proper size within the post, do this:

Go back to the "Manage Attachments" window.

Under the list of "Current Attachments," you will see the list of all the pictures you uploaded to this site as attachments.

Find the location of the photo or its URL assigned to it here at C-D. If using a PC, right click on the item and choose "Copy Link Location" or bring the picture up by clicking on it. Once you are viewing the picture, right click and find its location.

Use the location as the URL you use to enclose in the IMG tags or paste into the IMG button above your post.

You'll then see the URL of its location here at C-D. It should now be enclosed in with the IMG tags.

You are now ready to post your message on the board. Your pictures will then be displayed in proper size within your post.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:32 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I’m not sure if this will help or confuse you but this is the methodology from Frequently Asked Questions. It’s not as hard as this sounds: ...<snipped>....

TWO: Use this site to host your picture. This is probably easier because the picture you want to post is probably already on your local drive. This will allow you to upload the photo from your local drive to this site and post it as an attachment to your post which can then be made to display in its entirety within your post. Here is the procedure:

Click on the little paper clip icon located above the text box. Another window will open up that's called "Manage Attachments."

Choose the pictures from you local drive that you want to display by clicking on the "browse" button.

When upload is complete, you'll see the attachment listed under "Current Attachments."

When the menu drops down, you'll see the list of attachments you just uploaded. Choose which ones you want to show up in your post or select "insert all" if you want all the pictures you just uploaded to be displayed in your post.

After doing this, you'll see in the text box the attachement number with the "attach" tags [ ] wrapped around it.

Under the list of "Current Attachments," you will see the list of all the pictures you uploaded to this site as attachments.

Find the location of the photo or its URL assigned to it here at C-D. If using a PC, right click on the item and choose "Copy Link Location" or bring the picture up by clicking on it. Once you are viewing the picture, right click and find its location.

Use the location as the URL you use to enclose in the IMG tags or paste into the IMG button above your post.

You'll then see the URL of its location here at C-D. It should now be enclosed in with the IMG tags.

You are now ready to post your message on the board. Your pictures will then be displayed in proper size within your post.

Thanks, Jay. I think that is exactly what was tripping me up. I'll try again.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:11 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
April 30, 2022: Milford, CT

All day featured this clear blue sky where not even one cloud was around. Until I saw one. I had to snap a picture.

Beautiful day reaching mid 60s.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:35 AM

1,854 posts, read 795,024 times
Salem, CT
Attached Thumbnails
Photo & Video Thread-127488148_10216830543851123_5899407898291911521_n.jpg  

Old 05-01-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
Salem, CT
Whoa. More green than I thought there would be especially for dense area like that

Cool bench in the middle of nowhere.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Whoa. More green than I thought there would be especially for dense area like that

Cool bench in the middle of nowhere.
That's from another time, not today. On a hiking trail they had and there was a table and bench plus not even the HQ file.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:07 AM

980 posts, read 598,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I’m not sure if this will help or confuse you but this is the methodology from Frequently Asked Questions. It’s not as hard as this sounds:

To preface this post, let me first state that the instructions to follow specifically refer to posting "original content." Simply put, these instructions pertain to posting photos that you have taken or are personally in possession of as title holder. Please be very careful about posting images of any kind that are not yours or are copyrighted. No copyrighted images are to be posted on the City-Data forums.

The posting of photos in a post can be done by one of these two ways.

ONE: Have an outside hosting site transfer your picture to this site by way of a URL. Make sure that the hosting site allows for transferring to another internet site. Some don’t. A good free hosting site is photobucket (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket). It’s free and very user friendly. Upload your pictures there and then use the URL assigned to the picture with the image feature here on this site. You can either use the https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/im...nsertimage.gif icon or tag it with the “IMG” brackets ([ ]). Either way will result in the same thing, your photo that’s hosted at photo bucket (or other hosting site) being displayed within your post. Here is the procedure:

Click on the https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/im...nsertimage.gif icon and insert either by typing or pasting the URL assigned to the photo by the hosting site. Or, just take the URL of the photo and enclose it within or inside the tags . Either way will result in the same thing.

Thanks! I'll defintely post more photos now

Old 05-08-2022, 06:23 AM

May 6, 2022:

Sandy Hook got such nice areas!

Old 05-08-2022, 09:01 AM

Salem, CT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut