Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 05:06 PM

854 posts, read 1,242,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
like another here just recently put it succinctly - YAWN!
just more endless drivel by bitter, jealous, and justifying people who couldn't or can't afford the SW region.
Well, there's always "dinner at the Y."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 05:09 PM

41 posts, read 54,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
like another here just recently put it succinctly - YAWN!
just more endless drivel by bitter, jealous, and justifying people who couldn't or can't afford the SW region.
lol what? I'm in the SW and can't wait to leave

Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,181,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastjohn View Post
lol what? I'm in the SW and can't wait to leave
My mistake, apologies
I meant lower SW FFC

Old 04-11-2016, 06:03 PM

845 posts, read 680,855 times
I am very unhappy here. It's really weather related, the seasons are abysmal. After I graduate from uni, I'm packing up ship and moving down south.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:18 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,422,155 times
n/m...

Last edited by Sigequinox; 04-11-2016 at 06:31 PM..

Old 04-11-2016, 06:41 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
OP, since you mentioned San Fran thought I'd share this...

Palo Alto considering subsidized housing for $250k earners

Better make sure you have a job in hand before you ever come out here.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:42 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doghead View Post
I used to work in Greenwich and found the town extremely boring. It appears to be walkable but it has the most boring stores. The Whole Foods there was miserable--rude people, dirty, small, spoiled food. Like another poster, I too moved to Florida (to be closer to parents) and found a better job, with better benefits, higher pay and lower taxes. Looking back, I really couldn't figure out Connecticut, what it was supposed to be, who was supposed to be living there, and what was so great about Greenwich. I found it to be extremely overrated. Florida's got lots of problems and there's lots of stupidity down here, but at least financially, it's working out better for me. Connecticut was an easy place for me to leave.
Greenwich is a great place to raise a family, i wouldnt say its an exciting place to be young and single or for entertainment options. Its heavily family oriented.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:43 PM

86 posts, read 88,463 times
I am from Ct...the New London area and now live in New Hampshire. To each his own I guess. I left Ct in 1999 and am looking forward to moving back to the East Lyme area. I to hated it in Ct when I lived there and went all over the USA to see what was out there and was glad for the opportunity to do so. I know Ct has it's issues, problems and high taxes but I can tell you every place has it's issues. It comes down to how you want to live, the things you enjoy and simply where you want to be..Ct may not be for you just like living somewhere else is not for me..there's no right or wrong....determine what price your willing to pay to live wherever you want to live and pay it....I wish you well.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:41 PM

138 posts, read 116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Forget about commuting. I'm just talking about recreation. Both cities, for most of the state are IMO not simple day trips. Both involve a hotel and an overnight to enjoy (and that itself gets pricey). The fact that neither are commutable by most folks standards is only stronger evidence that CT priced beyond it's worth.
How much activity do you expect from a day trip? In both cities I can go to a museum, eat dinner, see a baseball game, and return home in one day. That sounds like it should be good enough for most people.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:58 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
You can definitely do a day trip to the city. Go down to Stamford or Brewster at 7 in the morning on the weekend back by 2 AM.

Bummed CT doesn't have some winter cabins here. During the summer escape to the woods sleep in the car or camp at a park wake up in the morning head out for an all day hike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut