Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 10:46 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtby4000 View Post
This thing has veered so off-topic that it has ceased to serve a useful purpose. I suggest the moderator shuts it down.
Blame the 5th poster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 11:02 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
Want to make major life choices for someone else but never had the chance? Join us for the next episode of "The People's Puppet" where the actions of one pathologically indecisive man will be dictated by YOU, the anonymous internet voter!
I hear there's gonna be a reality show soon

Old 05-29-2016, 04:41 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
He also didn't move back here because of work. He moved back here because he solicited the opinion of the internet and took the winning line, just as he did the first time lol. He had interviews and even an offer down there iirc, but he didn't take it, even though unemployed. His history is also not that stellar.
That's not true.

I moved back here under the condition that I would have a job. I didn't just up and leave Columbus to relocate back here with no job lined up.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:43 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You went to Columbus as you had 2 offers there after not landing but a handful of unsuccessful interviews in Ct over an extended period of time. Go figure.

Note: The article referenced is a macro level analysis. Not based on single antidotes. Single antidotes are NEVER representative of the big picture.
True but antidotal comments show the macro analysis does not tell the whole story either. Jay

Old 05-29-2016, 04:49 PM

854 posts, read 1,242,179 times
Guys - "antidote" does not mean what you think it means!

Old 05-29-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Okay well how come I was in Columbus, Ohio, which is allegedly a booming metropolitan area that attracts young people and businesses, yet I could NOT find a job there after looking for 4 months as a local candidate?! I looked for jobs in 27 different metropolitan areas all over the country, yet I finally got a job offer in freekin Middletown, CT. So I moved to CT for employment reasons. Go figure.

In addition, I also know a few other young people here and there who recently moved into CT from other places like Texas or Arizona. Young people DO move here, although admittedly more young people move out.

Also...based on my observations and actual statistical data, if you ask me, New Haven is a totally legit young mecca. It offers everything that Columbus has to offer and in some ways, even more. Heck, I see lots of young people having fun in places like West Hartford Center, Blue Back Square and Middletown as well. There are plenty of young people in CT. Of course, they're not in the suburbs, but that's the same with other places like Austin, Columbus and Houston, etc.

Besides, how many other young people does a young person even NEED?! Just have your circle of friends and you're good to go. Jesus.

P.S. All of these young people are getting older as we speak. Look at me...I'm already freekin' 32. But I started posting in these forums when I was 22. Therefore, in my opinion, judging a place to live based on age groups is very shortsighted. We're all getting older.
I also know a lot of young people that moved here as well. In my office we have young people who came from Massachsetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Arizona, New Mexico, New York, California, Vermont, Kansas and Nevada. My building is brimming with young people working at a large tech company with a big office there. Goes to show there is more to this than the macro analysis shows. Jay

Last edited by JayCT; 05-29-2016 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo

Old 05-29-2016, 05:41 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
. My building is brimming with young people working at a large tech company with a bug office there.

Typo I hope

Old 05-29-2016, 05:51 PM

854 posts, read 1,242,179 times
An office where IT employees work on de-bugging their software is typically called a "bug office." Everyone knows this. Not a typo.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:55 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtby4000 View Post
An office where IT employees work on de-bugging their software is typically called a "bug office." Everyone knows this. Not a typo.

Didn't know Jay's line of work.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Typo I hope
LOL. It was a typo. I fixed it. Thanks for catching it. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut