Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:10 AM

219 posts, read 448,847 times

Advertisements

I see this is an older thread, but just wanted to stick my 2-cents worth in.

We live in NW AZ (100 miles south of Vegas) so no large cities around and not much choice of anything, especially internet and TV. We currently have a cable company, Suddenlink, and it's been great in every way. We are 76/70 and live on a fixed income so when our bill went up in January, I called them and they "fixed" it at a very reasonable rate.

Unfortunately, we are moving about 12 miles out of town and Suddenlink doesn't service that area. We are really bummed because our only choices will be Directv or Dish for TV and for internet and landline (yes, we have a landline) will be either Frontier or Hughes Net.

We've already had a bad experience with Directv and Frontier. When our cable bill went up in January I was ready to switch to Directv because we had them several years ago when we lived in CA and then had them in our RV when we retired and traveled around the country and then again when we settled down again in TX. Not ever a problem and customer service was great. So, I called Directv and had everything all set up for them to come out the next day to install. Then, I asked the girl at Directv about internet and phone and she said she'd switch me. I talked to a guy that seemed really weird with the questions he was asking (he kept asking me for my SS# so he could give me "the best rate"!!). I got very suspicious and asked what company I was talking to and he said Frontier. I had heard and read about a lot of complaints and I didn't want anything to do with them so I told him to cancel my order. I called Directv back and cancelled my order for them for the next day and he asked me why and I told him I didn't want to do business with Frontier. He hesitated and then said, "We don't contract with Frontier."

About a month later, we got a call from our credit card company that there was suspicious activity and wanted to know if we had made purchases. Well, when it was all done there was over $5000 charged to our card.

I vowed I'd never do business with directv or Frontier. The thing is...the house we're buying already has Directv and Frontier hooked up. Sigh.......

Now what do we do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 PM

91 posts, read 171,590 times
Honestly, I would cut my service entirely if they were my only choice. You'd be surprised how much we actually DON'T need cable.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:58 AM

504 posts, read 384,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wallace View Post
Honestly, I would cut my service entirely if they were my only choice. You'd be surprised how much we actually DON'T need cable.
Couldn't agree with you more with you on that one................ You would be amazed how many great channels you can get free over the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: