Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:50 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

what you think of new bill proposed in CT ?

Bill Would Establish Connecticut as a "Sanctuary State" - Hartford Courant

Old 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM

281 posts, read 345,322 times
I think the thread title should have a "?".

As far as the proposed bill goes, I don't like it. I didn't support Trump but immigration shouldn't go unchecked.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:37 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
The state only cares about the money and their vote. What a joke.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Sure.

Why not?

Thank goodness there are 49 others I can move to.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:18 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
The state only cares about the money and their vote. What a joke.
What else would you expect? It's the wealthiest state in terms of income; should understand the virtues of free enterprise and the rewards of hard work and individual effort; yet it continually elects Democrats -- the picture of hypocrisy.

But its two-faced elite will probably benefit from an influx of people willing to take on the jobs which they, the privileged, see as beneath their dignity.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:48 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
These politicians it's like they don't take their constituents into consideration at all sometimes.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:19 AM

712 posts, read 530,438 times
Democratic voter here. Strong supporter of Obamacare.

I don't really understand the hard left when it comes to illegal immigration. They want anyone to be able to enter the county and work here. Then you basically have no country. This country would be flooded with people from Africa, central america and every other 3rd world country. We would be overrun and our country would fall apart. Our support services would collapse. We would become a 3rd world country. Giving people amnesty is also a slap in the face to the people who are on waiting lists immigrating legally and it encourages further illegal immigration.

Australia, Denmark, Canada ect. None of these countries would allow Americans or anyone else to just move and start working there without long waits/permitting process ect. These lefties should actually Try moving to Canada...Oh wait they won't let you in. ahaha Try getting citzenship without being rich in Canada. It's incredibly difficult and I'd call that a very liberal country.

Trump and his wall makes no sense either. Just make it a felony to hire an illegal who you don't verify with SS on everify. Make it a minimum 1 year prison sentence for hiring an illegal or paying someone cash to do a job(which is ripping of social security, medicare, ect) and have ICE agents posting as illegals waiting for work at home depot/factories ect. That would end illegal immigration in 2 seconds because there would be no jobs for illegal immigrants. They'd self deport. This would save us millions in tax payer dollars as well.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:24 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
With all the conservative towns in the state how would they even pass such an item. I would see a lot of smaller R towns telling the state to jump off a bridge, and not only would cities lose funding (which I'm very excited about for places like NH), but the state would then have the same fate. Malloy is already cutting jobs and trying recoup money for things he shoved into the budget instead of looking at the ridiculous spending and cleaning it up. Meanwhile Miami just said it will comply with the president's sanctuary city ban, our state keeps pushing harder left. I don't want my town to succumb to this sick train of thought, let the cities suffer for themselves and face the consequences.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:10 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Democratic voter here. Strong supporter of Obamacare.

I don't really understand the hard left when it comes to illegal immigration. They want anyone to be able to enter the county and work here. Then you basically have no country. This country would be flooded with people from Africa, central america and every other 3rd world country. We would be overrun and our country would fall apart. Our support services would collapse. We would become a 3rd world country. Giving people amnesty is also a slap in the face to the people who are on waiting lists immigrating legally and it encourages further illegal immigration.

Australia, Denmark, Canada ect. None of these countries would allow Americans or anyone else to just move and start working there without long waits/permitting process ect. These lefties should actually Try moving to Canada...Oh wait they won't let you in. ahaha Try getting citzenship without being rich in Canada. It's incredibly difficult and I'd call that a very liberal country.

Trump and his wall makes no sense either. Just make it a felony to hire an illegal who you don't verify with SS on everify. Make it a minimum 1 year prison sentence for hiring an illegal or paying someone cash to do a job(which is ripping of social security, medicare, ect) and have ICE agents posting as illegals waiting for work at home depot/factories ect. That would end illegal immigration in 2 seconds because there would be no jobs for illegal immigrants. They'd self deport. This would save us millions in tax payer dollars as well.
You sound a lot like me, well said, I rep'd you

Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
MARK MY WORDS..........

Theses cities (and now the state) is doing nothing but grandstanding and pandering to illegal aliens.

They will straighten up and comply right away once the federal funding dries up.

MONEY will trump (no pun intended) political ideology in the end.

Sure, it could very well be an 11th hour showdown, but at the last minute, they will comply!

Even in California, polls show 60-70% of the population is against sanctuary cities, and that's one of the most liberal states in the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: