Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 01:59 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,896 times

Advertisements

I'm right on the shoreline and it dropped to 20 last night. It was so weird today mowing my lawn. My grass was still lush and green from all the rain and the recent warmer temps and needed to be mowed but the first inch or so of the ground was frozen. I felt every bump from the tractor on the frozen ground.

I think all my plants that were blooming the last few weeks finally died. lol

Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Here we go again? (That's a question mark)

NAM model the only model showing precip for us Monday. Accumulating snow for Litchfield County.

We'll have to see if this is a trend or a fluke. GFS does not show it and the new NAM update is less with the precip. This frame is for Monday 8-11am.

Timing a bit off since it warms up too much after this to get snow elsewhere.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:20 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,223 times
I saw a blurb on Accuweather this morning about a possibility of snow for the Northeast the week of Thanksgiving. I don't see the article anymore, and their forecast only shows some rain, but some cold temps.(In my area-NW NJ)

Old 11-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
I saw a blurb on Accuweather this morning about a possibility of snow for the Northeast the week of Thanksgiving. I don't see the article anymore, and their forecast only shows some rain, but some cold temps.(In my area-NW NJ)
Haha, Fake News, Article was pulled?! Yeah, looks like something big happening around 19th but as far Thanksgiving, way too early to know but I think we're in for a colder pattern. A below normal November happening?

Old 11-11-2017, 02:40 PM

You go NAM! Again. lol

Quote:
National Weather Service New York NY
408 PM EST Sat Nov 11 2017

MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...

Giving more credit to the NAM vs the global models with respect
to the upper trough moving across on Monday, as the latter do
not appear to be producing enough lift/precip given the strength
of the trough and its associated upper jet streaks, which show
some coupling in the GFS especially farther east. Precip could
start off as a period of light snow or mixed precip NW of NYC in
the morning, otherwise light rain expected, which should become
more showery in nature in the afternoon and evening out east as
mid levels start to dry. Kept some low chance PoP in across
eastern coastal sections for Tue via a persistent flow of
maritime air from the northeast and the approach of another
upper trough, then mainly dry conditions expected into Wed as
high pressure builds across.

A weak cold front should bring some sct showers late Wed night
into Thu morning, possibly hanging on out east into the
afternoon with the upper trough yet to pass. Heights aloft
rise quickly in the wake of this more amplified trough, with
fair/dry wx expected for Fri.

Still siding with slower ECMWF re timing of a more significant,
negatively-tilted upper trough and associated frontal system
Fri night into Sat, which could bring a quick shot of stronger
southerly winds and moderate to locally heavy showers late Fri
night into Sat. This is likely to be followed by another shot of
colder air for Sat night and into at least early next week.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Haha, Fake News, Article was pulled?! Yeah, looks like something big happening around 19th but as far Thanksgiving, way too early to know but I think we're in for a colder pattern. A below normal November happening?
Sorry, I'm fake news. I found the article. They moved it. They are hyping a possible storm from 11/-11/22. That's very vague.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:25 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Interesting Central Park stat. It hit 25 just before midnight apparently, which would also make today the 4th earliest.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
Sorry, I'm fake news. I found the article. They moved it. They are hyping a possible storm from 11/-11/22. That's very vague.
Lol, sorry, meant accuweather posted fake news not you. But yeah, theres a front that comes through next Saturday with a lot of moisture and it will begin the next cold blast and possible storm brew for Thanksgiving week.

Things gonna get blocked up in the north atlantic which means interesting times for us. Cold and stormy

Old 11-11-2017, 04:00 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Since I don't believe it's been mentioned yet, BDR tied their record low of 22 previously set in 1956.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Lol, sorry, meant accuweather posted fake news not you. But yeah, theres a front that comes through next Saturday with a lot of moisture and it will begin the next cold blast and possible storm brew for Thanksgiving week.

Things gonna get blocked up in the north atlantic which means interesting times for us. Cold and stormy
Oh, no it's ok. I knew what you meant. I called myself fake news because they didn't take the article down like I said. I always come here for a second opinion. You seem to have it more right then they do a lot of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut