Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 12:12 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Latest Euro12z model has 0.38" qpf all snow for coast on the 2nd storm Saturday night. (1-3").

Less than 0.10" qpf for 1st one Friday night (T-1")

Old 12-04-2017, 03:44 PM

To predictable? Lol. Now they have rain snow & partly sunny for Friday.

Should be Light stuff folks... Don't fret but don't forget to check updates either

Old 12-04-2017, 04:04 PM

So the Polar front coming through Wednesday will stall off the coast and a storm will ride up this front. They also mention that even though precip will be Light in nature it still has to be watched because of the strength of this digging trough (jet stream) which means there MIGHT be heavier snows somewhere

Quote:
National Weather Service New York NY
408 PM EST Mon Dec 4 2017

The polar front will stall off the eastern seaboard late Thursday
into Friday. A wave will develop along the front by Friday, but
latest thinking is that this wave will stay offshore enough and not
bring significant precipitation to the region
. This will have to be
watched due to highly amplified nature of trough
. Majority of
medium range model guidance continues to keep energy left behind in
the southwestern CONUS, and whatever does come out gets sheared.
With the lack of bundled energy shown by latest guidance expecting
this wave to stay mainly offshore.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:21 AM

Last one just cause it worked out as planned.. Just to keep consistent and a summary...

From Sunday morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Screen shot time! Yes, This Friday-Saturday snow possible. They should start introducing the flakes into the forecast now.
Sunday afternoon
Quote:
Here's for Wilton.. At least it's Progress..

now they have mostly cloudy for Friday. Had Sunny just this morning. lol My guess is they will put "chance of snow" in there soon.
Monday morning
Quote:
now have "Partly Sunny" for Friday instead of mostly cloudy.
Monday evening
Quote:
Now they have rain snow & partly sunny for Friday.

And this morning... About time. . I'm glad I'm not a forecaster but sometimes it's funny to watch others.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:25 AM

Warm morning out there... Front on the way

Old 12-05-2017, 05:13 AM

223 posts, read 172,239 times
Quote:
Latest Euro12z model has 0.38" qpf all snow for coast on the 2nd storm Saturday night. (1-3").

Less than 0.10" qpf for 1st one Friday night (T-1")
It does seem like Friday snow is a non-event unless you're in southeastern CT. Maybe some flurries and a coating make their way further north and east? It certainly would make for a festive Friday evening. 1-3 in seems like a decent possibility for sat/sat night. This is per the WFSB weather discussion:

"The first in a series of offshore storms could start to impact Southern New England Friday night. The guidance models are suggesting most of the development will occur well offshore, but there may be just enough energy closer to the coast to bring a period of light snow. At this point, we are not expecting a lot of snow, but there may be enough to whiten the ground or produce a minor accumulation. Temperatures will bottom out in the 20s to near 30 degrees.

Several disturbances will rotate around the deep trough of low pressure over the Eastern United States. How everything aligns remains to be seen since the guidance models are not in complete agreement with the evolution of this system. For now, it looks like the first disturbance will depart Saturday morning. If that is indeed the case, snow will end Saturday morning, then the sky will partially clear. The air will be cold with highs in the mid to upper 30s.

The next disturbance aloft could be much stronger and that means the associated coastal storm will be stronger as well. If the track and intensification occur close enough to the coast, we could have enough snow to plow and shovel Saturday night and Sunday. We won’t get too specific just yet, but this is something we’ll be monitoring closely throughout the week. It is just too early to be sure how this ocean storm will impact Southern New England. If my timing is correct, any snow that falls on Sunday should end during the afternoon and we might even see some late day clearing. It will likely be a cold, blustery day with highs in the 30s at best.

The high amplitude trough will lift away to the north and east of New England Sunday night and Monday and that means weather conditions will improve. Therefore, we expect Monday to be a fair day with partly sunny skies and highs in the upper 30s and lower 40s.

Beyond Monday and through the middle of December, the weather pattern will be volatile with several outbreaks of cold air and also several chances for snow
."

Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM

845 posts, read 679,672 times
The weather last night was crazy. The ISS did a lunar transit at 2121, and it was cloudy the majority of the night since I got there at 1900. Clouds parted 10 min before the ISS zoomed by, and got my image. That was fulfilling enough that I don't care if we get snow. Bring it on!

Need more clear cold nights. None of this cold and cloudy junk.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Not sure what to show...

How about 3 things......

1. Looks like it's coming... Taken at 11:30am

2... The front sure is coming. Technically over Ohio still, rain & warm ahead of it.

3. Next Wednesday Blizzard? I know, 8 days away. Canadian has it for New England. GFS south more here for us.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:48 AM

845 posts, read 679,672 times
Just started to rain decently here around noon.

A blizzard? I would rather not have one so soon.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Just started to rain decently here around noon.

A blizzard? I would rather not have one so soon.
I would rather not have one at all!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut