Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 02:58 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,435,073 times

Advertisements

Connecticut

Rank Overall: 1
Booster Seat Law: Required for children under age 7 and under 60 pounds
Bike Helmet Law: Required for riders under age 16
Rank in Violent Crime Rate*: 14
Rank in Sex Offender Rate*: 8
Rank of Rate of Kids Who Die in Accidents*: 2

This is from parenting magazine which ranked Connecticut #1 for being the safest state for children. GO US!!!!

**the lower the number the better (1-50) for each state 50 being the worst**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 03:54 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,024,921 times
Yes it is a safe place for kids, Thanks for the info.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:43 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,435,073 times
Sorry typo... It's actually from Parents magazine.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:30 PM

366 posts, read 780,752 times
Nice to hear, hooray for CT! Thanks for the info. :-)

Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 PM

6 posts, read 20,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Connecticut

Rank Overall: 1
Booster Seat Law: Required for children under age 7 and under 60 pounds
Bike Helmet Law: Required for riders under age 16
Rank in Violent Crime Rate*: 14
Rank in Sex Offender Rate*: 8
Rank of Rate of Kids Who Die in Accidents*: 2

This is from parenting magazine which ranked Connecticut #1 for being the safest state for children. GO US!!!!

**the lower the number the better (1-50) for each state 50 being the worst**
well i cant see how c.t. is the safest pace for kids well i guess where u livebut the urban parts like bridgeport hartford and new haven new havan got so out of hand with kids kiilin kids cause of the section they live in forinstince theres the hill section the vill the tre the jungle and terror dome and they all beef so if you live in a section thats who your atomaticly down with so if your from the vill and go into the tre they will shoot you and at one point it was kids doin most of the killing it got so bad that the president had to address it but im happy that we are the safest for kids know but im not a believer i seen to much

Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,556 times
Jonniebing, it's true there is a huge disparity between some urban areas and the rest of the state. The differences may be more drastic in CT than in many other states. That being said, almost every city (everywhere) has areas that are relatively safe, and areas that are dangerous. New Haven still has several unsafe neighborhoods, but the city has improved enormously since the early '90s.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM

246 posts, read 873,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonniebing View Post
well i cant see how c.t. is the safest pace for kids well i guess where u livebut the urban parts like bridgeport hartford and new haven new havan got so out of hand with kids kiilin kids cause of the section they live in forinstince theres the hill section the vill the tre the jungle and terror dome and they all beef so if you live in a section thats who your atomaticly down with so if your from the vill and go into the tre they will shoot you and at one point it was kids doin most of the killing it got so bad that the president had to address it but im happy that we are the safest for kids know but im not a believer i seen to much
Whew...I was out of breath just reading this!

Jonniebing- CT does have it's share of crime, but so does every state in our country and every country in our world. There is crime in Greenwich (my car was broken into on "The Ave"), crime in Beverly Hills, Palm Beach, Madison Ave, etc. If you live in one of the most unsafe neighborhoods in Connecticut (parts of Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven) then yes, you're bound to see it happening in front of you, and often. But what you must realize is that outside of those small pockets of crime are some of the safest neighborhoods in the world with virtually no crime aside from the occasional mailbox smashing by bratty high school kids on Senior Night.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonniebing View Post

Crime is why we chose to live in a suburban town, as opposed to a city. That, and the schools are generally better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut