Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 AM

331 posts, read 208,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
https://ctmirror.org/2018/07/14/fede...n-connecticut/

"A federal judge ordered the government to bring the parents of two immigrant children currently being held in Connecticut to a court hearing in Bridgeport next week, after finding that their separation at the U.S. border was unconstitutional."

Its about time and its a shame it took this long. I think this is the first judge to rule this way in the country and we can be proud it happened right here in CT.

P.S. The comments section of this article are scary. You might want to have a drink before reading them.
I no longer believe in comments. Too many foreign bots out there pretending to be American.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,187,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
I no longer believe in comments. Too many foreign bots out there pretending to be American.
Are they pretending to be liberal or conservative bots i wonder??

Old 07-16-2018, 11:16 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,500,218 times
Quote:
See I hear this a lot. We have different levels of severity. A mother crossing with her child is not to be put in the same category as a drug dealer.

I did 45 in a 35, I don’t need to go to jail for it and my children placed without me. Surely we distinguish between a mother with a toddler and someone caught with drugs. Lock them up together or deport them together. It’s pretty easy. I do think we need a better system that provides work permits for migrants, better relationship with Mexico, because much of the Mexico’s illegal immigration has become net negative, but immigration from Central America hasn’t. We need mexico to protect its southern border better too.

I don’t support any politician that accepts children being separated from their parents.
While I agree, this gets into a very gray area as how can you be sure that because she is a woman or man that the child is their's? Just because there are no drugs does not me they are not being trafficked across for other nefarious means.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Are they pretending to be liberal or conservative bots i wonder??
Both. They pretend to be both. To cause divide.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:30 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,839,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
While I agree, this gets into a very gray area as how can you be sure that because she is a woman or man that the child is their's? Just because there are no drugs does not me they are not being trafficked across for other nefarious means.

If the party in control was that concerned about kids being trafficked across the border they would perform onsite DNA testing. This testing is about $400. I'm sure the party in control can figure out a way to profit from this.

Or we can just hire this guy, but I doubt he's connected to the current administration.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
See, I don’t think it is. Most are immigrating for economic reasons. People trafficking children are the exception not the rule. A simple dna test would prove familial relationship.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
If the party in control was that concerned about kids being trafficked across the border they would perform onsite DNA testing. This testing is about $400. I'm sure the party in control can figure out a way to profit from this.

Or we can just hire this guy, but I doubt he's connected to the current administration.

23andme is $100. It can detect genetic relationships and by what %

Old 07-16-2018, 11:48 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
See I hear this a lot. We have different levels of severity. A mother crossing with her child is not to be put in the same category as a drug dealer.

I did 45 in a 35, I don’t need to go to jail for it and my children placed without me.

There are plenty of southern towns that would toss you in jail if you couldn't post a cash bond for a speeding ticket. I'm not sure what they'd do if you had an infant in the car. I've been shaken down a few times over the years. South of the Mason-Dixon Line with NY/New England plates, carry cash. Mona Lisa Vito isn't going to appear as an expert witness and save you. Equal opportunity, I also got shaken down outside of Montreal once with "You pay cash or you go to jail." I was not given a particularly favorable exchange rate.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:05 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,839,413 times
Quote:
23andme is $100. It can detect genetic relationships and by what %

I think 23andme is $169. What's funny about this though since you brought it up is Trump thinks DNA tests cost $2 according to this speech in Montana. If you don't have the stomach to watch all three minutes the quote is at the 1:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdlLDug3Os

At $2 a test there's no reason we shouldn't be doing these DNA tests.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:07 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,187,342 times
Many of these people are crossing multiple borders to reach the US. Why not stop at some of these other countries and make a life there?

They all know the risk of doing something illegal. Penalties serve as deterants typically. We don't reward bad behaviour.
We are a civilized country with rules. Its not perfect. Commit a crime you might end up in jail, away from loved ones.
This has been the policy long before Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut