Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 06:36 AM

1,241 posts, read 903,564 times

Advertisements

"many that do aren't informed." You realize how that sounds do you not?

I have many Hispanic friends and colleagues. The great majority of them have either JD degrees or advanced degrees. They are extremely well informed when they vote. Many of them are first generation college and advanced degree graduates. I've met many of their families- a significant number of which have parents who did not graduate high school or did but did not attend college. You know what, they are still informed!

You are arguing based on a perception you hold, not on factual data. You may perceive Hispanics to not be liberal but the data shows they vote for democrats more than republicans. This is City-Data, not City- I work and live around "them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
I’m not talking about political party affiliation or voting habits. First of all, most Hispanic people don’t vote, and many that do aren’t informed. Secondly, it’s clear you don’t regularly interact with Hispanic people because, as I mentioned, they’re not liberal, and that becomes fairly evident when you work with and live around them.

Last edited by JayCT; 05-04-2023 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Remove personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 08:15 AM

6,921 posts, read 3,754,471 times
Quote:
I’m not talking about political party affiliation or voting habits. First of all, most Hispanic people don’t vote, and many that do aren’t informed. Secondly, it’s clear you don’t regularly interact with Hispanic people because, as I mentioned, they’re not liberal, and that becomes fairly evident when you work with and live around them.
Here in CT and NY hispanics still tend to mask up the most, outdoors too.
When a college football hero can't win an election in a college football crazy state, you know repubs are in trouble.
For every Rubio and Herschel, there are 1 million exceedingly liberal hispanics and blacks to go along with exceedingly liberal Northeastern, West Coast and some Mid-Atlantic whites. Tens upon tens of millions overall. Mind blowing numbers.
The next election cycle will a blue wave the likes of which the world has never before witnessed. The POTUS election will reach upwards of 10 million in the popular vote.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:58 AM

752 posts, read 554,319 times
Quote:
I lived in Texas, speak Spanish, and have known and continue to know many Hispanic people.

Fair to say you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make? They don't know how to vote since they're secretly conservative, but over two-thirds vote Democrat?

Old 05-04-2023, 11:25 AM

710 posts, read 403,063 times
Quote:
First of all, most Hispanic people don’t vote, and many that do aren’t informed.
Yikes lol

Quote:
Secondly, it’s clear you don’t regularly interact with Hispanic people because, as I mentioned, they’re not liberal, and that becomes fairly evident when you work with and live around them.
We sure about that? Isn't Hartford the most Hispanic place in our state and I believe the deepest shade of blue there is here.
If some how, some way if there were ever a red wave in CT I guarantee Hartford would be still be dark dark blue.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:22 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Let’s stop the bickering and off topic discussions. JayCT, Moderator

Old 05-06-2023, 04:24 AM

845 posts, read 509,393 times
Quote:
Hmmm...I've worked around Hispanic people all my life. It's impossible to generalize. I have certainly known some that fit this description, just like I know a lot of uninformed white people who don't vote. I have several Latino friends with whom I regularly discuss politics. They are extremely informed. To say as a group Hispanics don't vote isn't exactly true. They vote at a lower rate, but a lot that has to do with age (and probably to some degree immigration status.)

Using the term "liberal" so broadly is outdated and inaccurate. At minimum, you need to think in term of social issues and economic issues. As group, Latinos skew more socially conservative, but other than Cubans and Venezuelans, they liberal on economics. Much like Black Americans, Abortion and LQBTQ+ issue have never been the wedge issue they are white social conservatives.

Old 05-27-2023, 06:50 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I think both parties need change. What’s going on in CT, politically, is just a microcosm of what’s happening on the national level. Gone are the days of CT being a moderate state. Both parties have gone off the deep end socially, and the Democratic stance on crime, as well as the push to redefine crime leading to manipulated statistics, is sneaky. Republicans need to enter into the year 2019 and recognize that the social norms of 1965 are no longer in line with the majority of Americans’ beliefs.

I only see CT getting more liberal. A lot of tax and spend. A lot of redistribution. A lot of unaccountability when it comes to crime. A lot of people are fine with that - but that’s just not how the old school Democrats, like my grandparents, voted. On the other hand, you see in very conservative states like AL and TX pushing for ridiculous things like arming teachers.

There has got to be a balance but unfortunately, I think it will get worse before it gets better, both in CT and nationally. Plainly put, all politicians are untrustworthy regardless of party affiliation.
Bingo, and 8-30 is the culmination of insane far left liberalism taking over Ct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut