Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 08:56 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,040,154 times

Advertisements

beginning to see some quick re-lists in Litchfield County. Not a ton, but enough to be noticeable. Houses that sold in mid ‘20 now back on the market for significantly more as people try to capitalize on the market.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:29 PM

252 posts, read 139,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
beginning to see some quick re-lists in Litchfield County. Not a ton, but enough to be noticeable. Houses that sold in mid ‘20 now back on the market for significantly more as people try to capitalize on the market.
Yeah, I just signed a purchase agreement for one of them.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:12 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Could mean one of two things - capitalization, or a return to the city.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:26 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
A neighboring house near me has held firm at 205000. The Flipper is lowering the price. However they did take the house off and put it back on to reset the days on market. I thought this was an old trick that no one did anymore. Long ago during the housing bubble I knew of a condo development that tried doing it and saying it's the last one left and that sign stayed up for years to the point where it actually yellowed. They just aren't budging on the price but I eventually they're going to have to. There's already some Landscaping that has to be done as of the dead tree in the front yard and some branches hanging down. Property taxes are still due etc.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:28 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,040,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Could mean one of two things - capitalization, or a return to the city.
Yeah, it’s likely a mixture of those items. I think we’re going to continue to see some irrationality in the market in many areas, and that CT won’t be immune from that.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:26 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
https://ctexaminer.com/2020/01/30/zo...n-east-haddam/

I have a two-fold question that hopefully doesn't need its own thread. I was looking at a townhouse listing in East Haddam, it said "septic required". (I didn't contact the listing agent as I'm still in research mode.)

1) are septic systems the norm in East Haddam, even for townhomes?

2) I figured something had to be up between the time on market (259 days) + what seems like a low price ($239G), so I looked up the parent company & found the article above. Does anyone know if things ever improved?

Old 09-22-2021, 06:43 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
1. Septic systems are the norm in East Haddam. It is not unusual for condos or townhomes to also be on septic if they are not in densely populated areas. I know Glastonbury has condo complexes on community septic and I am sure many other septic-heavy towns do as well.

2. There are always so many complexities when buying in a townhome or condo community, e.g. a high HOA fee could make an otherwise fantastic development undesirable. A quick Google search tells me that there are some unhappy people living in that development, complaints of the property not being kept up, etc. If it ends up being a property you are seriously interested in, a local real estate agent is your best bet to get the scoop.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:07 AM

6,908 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
1. Septic systems are the norm in East Haddam. It is not unusual for condos or townhomes to also be on septic if they are not in densely populated areas. I know Glastonbury has condo complexes on community septic and I am sure many other septic-heavy towns do as well.

2. There are always so many complexities when buying in a townhome or condo community, e.g. a high HOA fee could make an otherwise fantastic development undesirable. A quick Google search tells me that there are some unhappy people living in that development, complaints of the property not being kept up, etc. If it ends up being a property you are seriously interested in, a local real estate agent is your best bet to get the scoop.
"Community Septic". That just sounds wrong on so many levels. That should be a deal breaker right off the bat.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:42 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times
"Prices increased 1.8 percent from May to June in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk CT Metropolitan Statistical Area*, according to the latest data from the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Index, one of the leading trackers of the housing market. Prices were up 22.6 percent in June 2021 over June 2020."
https://patch.com/connecticut/trumbu...ign=newsletter

Last summer a small cape like mine sold for $425,000. Now a cape in this neighborhood sold for $480,000. It is about 100 SF smaller than the one last summer but still I am thinking "how can this go on". It seems crazy.

*Fairfield County

Old 09-22-2021, 08:31 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post

Thanks so much for your response, mels. Yes, I had read those too, which is what prompted me to come here asking if anyone had heard about it. I would never consider purchasing any property without using the services of a local agent. But for now, while I'm still doing my homework, this forum is such a great source!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut