Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2024, 08:08 PM

211 posts, read 262,428 times

Advertisements

Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs New London

Chester vs Washington

Norwalk vs Colchester

Old Lyme vs New Milford

Stonington vs Wethersfield

Darien vs Trumbull

Westport vs Southington

Simsbury vs Easton

Milford vs Cheshire

Kent vs Canton

West Hartford vs Monroe

Stamford vs East Haddam

Madison vs Portland

Wallingford vs Oxford

Essex vs Groton

Wilton vs East Hampton

Guilford vs New Canaan

Westbrook vs Woodbridge

Ridgefield vs Bridgewater

Greenwich vs Woodbury

Litchfield vs Brookfield

Farmington vs Lyme

Branford vs North Stonington

Middletown vs Deep River

New Haven vs Cromwell

Salisbury vs Southbury

Glastonbury vs New Fairfield

Newtown vs Clinton

Old Saybrook vs Shelton

Avon vs Waterford

East Lyme vs Danbury

Weston vs Bethel

Losers Bracket:

Manchester vs East Haven

Killingworth vs Windham

Enfield vs Wolcott

Burlington vs Stafford

Marlborough vs Montville

Thomaston vs Bloomfield

Bethlehem vs Lebanon

Bozrah vs Derby

Canaan vs East Hartford

Bridgeport vs Lisbon

North Haven vs Waterbury

Newington vs Hartland

Mansfield vs Harwinton

Brooklyn vs Sterling

Thompson vs Preston

Rocky Hill vs Torrington

New Hartford vs Griswold

Bolton vs Sprague

Salem vs Naugatuck

Bristol vs East Windsor

Cornwall vs Eastford

Ellington vs Windsor

Middlebury vs Meriden

Windsor Locks vs Chaplin

Barkhamsted vs Killingly

North Branford vs Somers

North Canaan vs Hamden

Roxbury vs Beacon Falls

Putnam vs Ansonia

Norfolk vs East Granby

Watertown vs Voluntown

Pomfret vs Suffield

Redding vs Plainfield

Coventry vs Plymouth

Sherman vs Union

Hartford vs Columbia

Woodstock vs Andover

Hebron vs Franklin

Hampton vs Winchester

Morris vs Vernon

Orange vs Warren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 01:36 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,639,783 times
OK Here We Go!!!!

Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs New London - New London is a very unique small town, but I cannot take it over Fairfield unfortunately. Fairfield is such a well rounded town with one of the best beaches in the state, lots of amenities, and some very pretty rural upscale areas.

Chester vs Washington - This one is EXTREMELY TOUGH, and I have been thinking about my vote for this for the past few days. The Town Center of Chester vs the Nature of Washington is a really tough call to make. However, at the end of the day, I decided to give the slight edge to Chester because of the great restaurants that Stylo and WestRiverTraveler were talking about. I haven't been to any, but after doing some research, I feel like the restaurants that Chester has to offer are probably more special than anything in Washington.

Norwalk vs Colchester - This is also not an easy choice for me either. I really do enjoy the town center of Colchester and love how it kind of has that small town / community feeling, but Norwalk is a city with so much character, and there's also Rowayton which is beautiful. Probably my second favorite city of the whole state after New Haven.

Old Lyme vs New Milford - Very Easy pick, and honestly I am surprised by the people that have picked New Milford

Stonington vs Wethersfield - Also a very easy pick. Wethersfield is kind of meh in my opinion, and Stonington is so beautiful.

Darien vs Trumbull - Neither town is my favorite, but both are pretty decent towns. I probably would've picked Trumbull a few years ago, but I am starting to appreciate Darien a little more as a town most recently. It is very upscale, and I could never afford to live there, but it does have some really ritzy and beautiful housing to look at, and the Norton area is great to walk around and look at the houses. Darien is also coastal. I couldn't imagine living in either town, as Darien is way beyond my budget, and Trumbull is just not my kind of town.

Westport vs Southington - 100% Easy Pick

Simsbury vs Easton - Interesting matchup. I feel like Easton is just very rural though and there's a lack of amenities and restaurants. Simsbury also has some rural areas but it has a bit more in closer proximity. Also I love the areas near West Simsbury, and there's Tulmeadow Farms which has great ice cream.

Milford vs Cheshire - Easy Pick

Kent vs Canton - I don't get all the hype for Kent. Canton has a huge variety of outlets and Collinsville.

West Hartford vs Monroe - Easy pick. Monroe is nice, but West Hartford just has so many great restaurants and a lot of amenities. I also enjoy the downtown area and just how a bunch of the restaurants are setup.

Stamford vs East Haddam - The city can be a hit or miss for some people, but I do like the city of Stamford, and the northern part of Stamford is very special as there's a lot more space and it's beautiful. Also growing tech industry.

Madison vs Portland - This is honestly not an easy pick. I really do love the Brownstone Adventure Amusement Park in Portland, but I really cannot take it over Madison. The Surf Club is the BEST beach in the state, and the downtown while small is quite pretty!

Wallingford vs Oxford - Both are great towns, but Wallingford just has more to offer.

Essex vs Groton - Tough one, but Essex wins for me. I do appreciate Groton being coastal and having some great areas, but Essex is just too unique and special not to vote for it. The town center is gorgeous, and you've got the Steam Train and Riverboat which are very essential tourist attractions in the state. I LOVE the steam train a lot.

Wilton vs East Hampton - Much bigger fan of the area that East Hampton is located in along the CT River

Guilford vs New Canaan - Literally one of my favorite towns against one of my least favorite towns in the whole state. Guilford all the way.

Westbrook vs Woodbridge - I don't look at Woodbridge as highly as others do. It's a great town, but I just don't feel it's that special, and Westbrook is coastal.

Ridgefield vs Bridgewater - Beautiful town all around

Greenwich vs Woodbury - Neither town appeals to me that much, but come on Greenwich! Beverly Hills East!

Litchfield vs Brookfield - Easy Pick

Farmington vs Lyme - Probably the underdog here. Honestly Farmington is a cool town, but most Farmington Valley towns just don't do it for me. Simsbury and Canton are probably my favorites of the Farmington Valley, but the rest are just decent but nothing special. Lyme, despite being kind of bare and rural does have a lot of beautiful nature.

Branford vs North Stonington - Easy

Middletown vs Deep River - VERY TOUGH!!! Deep River is prettier, but Middletown is very unique and I do enjoy the downtown and restaurants it has to offer. I also like the way some of the buildings are made. If this was Chester or Essex, I'd probably choose them over Middletown, but I feel like Middletown slightly edges Deep River for me by a hair.

New Haven vs Cromwell - Easy Pick

Salisbury vs Southbury - Tough call, but I believe Salisbury has the highest elevation point in the whole state.

Glastonbury vs New Fairfield - Easy Pick

Newtown vs Clinton - Gotta give Newtown this one. Mainly for Ferris Acres Creamery, LOL. But also Clinton is more of a mediocre town and one of the least desirable coastal towns.

Old Saybrook vs Shelton - 100% Easy Pick

Avon vs Waterford - Probably the slight underdog here, but Avon just does not do it for me. It's another one of those Farmington Valley upscale suburbs that I feel is nothing that special. Waterford has Harkness and is coastal.

East Lyme vs Danbury - I am lost with the votes for Danbury over East Lyme. East Lyme by a mile for me.

Weston vs Bethel - Kind of randomly picked here. Bethel is a bit more affordable.

Losers Bracket:

Manchester vs East Haven - Wish these two didn't have to face each other. Manchester is a very cool city, but I have to pick East Haven as it is coastal and very close proximity to New Haven.

Killingworth vs Windham - Windham is MEH

Enfield vs Wolcott - Don't know much about Enfield, but I am really not a fan of Wolcott at all.

Burlington vs Stafford - Don't know much about either town, but I picked Stafford due to the location.

Marlborough vs Montville - Very pretty town with great woods.

Thomaston vs Bloomfield - To be honest, I mainly picked Thomaston because it's close in name to Thompson, and I really like the town of Thompson, LOL!!!! However, Thomaston has a bit more to offer as well.

Bethlehem vs Lebanon - prettier

Bozrah vs Derby - More so a vote against Derby, rather than for Bozrah

Canaan vs East Hartford - Definitely the underdog, but I do appreciate the town of East Hartford and feel like it is overlooked for being more working class.

Bridgeport vs Lisbon - Mostly for Black Rock Area.

North Haven vs Waterbury - Waterbury is a dump

Newington vs Hartland - Underdog for sure, but Hartland has such a beautiful forest and I love the roads leading up to Massachusetts around that area. Newington is another one of those towns that are just MEH to me.

Mansfield vs Harwinton - UCONN

Brooklyn vs Sterling - Supposedly more agriculture?

Thompson vs Preston - Love Thompson

Rocky Hill vs Torrington - Rocky Hill is one of the better Hartford suburbs and I especially enjoy the Ferry that runs between Rocky Hill and Glastonbury

New Hartford vs Griswold - A bit more forest like I believe

Bolton vs Sprague - Really don't know much about either town besides the location. Just completely randomly picked.

Salem vs Naugatuck - Salem hands down. Naugatuck is one of the worst towns for me, and Salem's got the Salem Valley Farms Ice Cream Shop

Bristol vs East Windsor - Bristol just has a lot to offer. I also like the Carrousel Museum

Cornwall vs Eastford - Better Nature

Ellington vs Windsor - Windsor is mediocre at best

Middlebury vs Meriden - Definitely the underdog here. I feel like Meriden gets overlooked a lot, and I appreciate the city and what it has to offer.

Windsor Locks vs Chaplin - The Airport

Barkhamsted vs Killingly - LOVE the forests of Barkhamsted. Great Nature!

North Branford vs Somers - Some nice agriculture.

North Canaan vs Hamden - Way more to offer

Roxbury vs Beacon Falls - Roxbury is beautiful

Putnam vs Ansonia - Nice main area with a few amenities in the Quiet Corner

Norfolk vs East Granby - Towns are equally decent, but I picked East Granby for the location

Watertown vs Voluntown - Easy Pick

Pomfret vs Suffield - One of the nicest towns of Windham county and the quiet corner

Redding vs Plainfield - Overall the more upscale town

Coventry vs Plymouth - Plymouth is just mediocre

Sherman vs Union - Definitely the underdog, but I do love how Union is the smallest populated town of the whole state. Gotta give it some love. Very rural, and I love it.

Hartford vs Columbia - The Capitol Building and surrounding area is nice!

Woodstock vs Andover - Another really great town in the Quiet Corner. Beautiful

Hebron vs Franklin - Very green and nice woods

Hampton vs Winchester - Hampton is nothing special, but this is more so Anti-Winchester

Morris vs Vernon - Why is this even close? Come on guys, Morris! Vernon is very mediocre.

Orange vs Warren - Nice Town Center and a lot of amenities.

Old 03-20-2024, 06:54 AM

538 posts, read 331,104 times
Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs New London

Chester vs Washington

Norwalk vs Colchester

Old Lyme vs New Milford

Stonington vs Wethersfield

Darien vs Trumbull

Westport vs Southington

Simsbury vs Easton

Milford vs Cheshire I know everyone will vote for Milford here. But I feel like of the towns with top school districts Cheshire gets ignored the most. These were actually the two towns our family chose from when we moved in 2020. Milford has the shore and a train station which are two things Cheshire will never have. But it is pretty central to everything, bigger house lots, an awesome school district that is also competitive in many sports. New Cheshire crossing being built now at the 691 exit anchored by Whole Foods. I know it's not a place people go to visit, but it's a great town to raise a family. Some decent eats too, Viron Rondo, Butcher Bro's, Fuoco's, and the owners of Adriana's just sign a 15-year lease to bring a new restaurant to town. Expansion of Bartlem park (where town pool is) is almost done with new turf fields, splash pad, and a great lawn for town events and concerts.

Kent vs Canton

West Hartford vs Monroe

Stamford vs East Haddam

Madison vs Portland

Wallingford vs Oxford

Essex vs Groton

Wilton vs East Hampton

Guilford vs New Canaan

Westbrook vs Woodbridge

Ridgefield vs Bridgewater

Greenwich vs Woodbury

Litchfield vs Brookfield

Farmington vs Lyme

Middletown vs Deep River

New Haven vs Cromwell

Salisbury vs Southbury

Glastonbury vs New Fairfield

Newtown vs Clinton

Old Saybrook vs Shelton

Avon vs Waterford

East Lyme vs Danbury

Weston vs Bethel

1-Loss Bracket:

Manchester vs East Haven

Killingworth vs Windham

Enfield vs Wolcott

Burlington vs Stafford

Marlborough vs Montville

Thomaston vs Bloomfield

Bethlehem vs Lebanon

Bozrah vs Derby

Canaan vs East Hartford

Bridgeport vs Lisbon

North Haven vs Waterbury

Newington vs Hartland

Mansfield vs Harwinton

Brooklyn vs Sterling

Thompson vs Preston

Rocky Hill vs Torrington

New Hartford vs Griswold

Bolton vs Sprague

Salem vs Naugatuck

Bristol vs East Windsor

Cornwall vs Eastford

Ellington vs Windsor

Middlebury vs Meriden

Windsor Locks vs Chaplin

Barkhamsted vs Killingly

North Branford vs Somers

North Canaan vs Hamden

Roxbury vs Beacon Falls

Putnam vs Ansonia

Norfolk vs East Granby

Watertown vs Voluntown

Pomfret vs Suffield

Redding vs Plainfield

Coventry vs Plymouth

Sherman vs Union

Hartford vs Columbia

Woodstock vs Andover

Hebron vs Franklin

Hampton vs Winchester

Morris vs Vernon

Orange vs Warren

Old 03-20-2024, 08:56 AM

980 posts, read 599,030 times
Winners Bracket:

Fairfield vs New London - I love NL but come on. Fairfield = automatic vote

Chester vs Washington - bucking my normal trend of voting coastal/river bc i've spent more time in Washington

Norwalk vs Colchester - nice by the water

Old Lyme vs New Milford - see above. Great fishing!

Stonington vs Wethersfield - see above, on steriods

Darien vs Trumbull - for preserving the island I'll vote for them this year

Westport vs Southington - not even close

Simsbury vs Easton - The more I get to know it I find Easton incredibly special for how rural it is in such an otherwise densly populated area.

Milford vs Cheshire - coastal trend continues

Kent vs Canton - the AT!

West Hartford vs Monroe

Stamford vs East Haddam - dynamic city

Madison vs Portland - another top contender

Wallingford vs Oxford - props to having municipal electricity

Essex vs Groton - sleeper pick. Groton may be the most underrated town in the entire tournament.

Wilton vs East Hampton - has a cute center vs route 7

Guilford vs New Canaan - another finalist pick

Westbrook vs Woodbridge - I'll take the town with the biggest striped bass

Ridgefield vs Bridgewater - closer

Greenwich vs Woodbury

Litchfield vs Brookfield - picturesque downtown

Farmington vs Lyme - Yes, I've been here. Yes, I like the forest.

Middletown vs Deep River

New Haven vs Cromwell

Salisbury vs Southbury - most geographically unique town in CT?

Glastonbury vs New Fairfield - sorry Gbury

Newtown vs Clinton - coastal

Old Saybrook vs Shelton

Avon vs Waterford - NL county is so underrated

East Lyme vs Danbury - see above

Weston vs Bethel

Losers Bracket:

Note: This is kind of the wild card round / play in match ups for the Losers Bracket. Haddam, Scotland, Prospect, Willington, Goshen, Durham, Sharon, Granby, Tolland, Colebrook, West Haven, Norwich, Canterbury, Bethany, Middlefield, Ledyard, Plainville, South Windsor, Berlin, New Britain, Seymour, Ashford, and Stratford will start in Round 4.

Manchester vs East Haven - don't like 'staven

Killingworth vs Windham - honorary BGM

Enfield vs Wolcott - one of my most apathetic matchups

Burlington vs Stafford

Marlborough vs Montville

Thomaston vs Bloomfield

Bethlehem vs Lebanon

Bozrah vs Derby - what if I keep voting for it?

Canaan vs East Hartford

Bridgeport vs Lisbon

North Haven vs Waterbury - 0>-

Newington vs Hartland

Mansfield vs Harwinton - it better be in the winners backet again

Brooklyn vs Sterling - ekonk is nice (is this technically in Voluntown?)

Thompson vs Preston

Rocky Hill vs Torrington

New Hartford vs Griswold - I'll take mountains and lakes

Bolton vs Sprague - have to vote for the least famous town

Salem vs Naugatuck

Bristol vs East Windsor

Cornwall vs Eastford - skiing

Ellington vs Windsor

Middlebury vs Meriden

Windsor Locks vs Chaplin

Barkhamsted vs Killingly

North Branford vs Somers

North Canaan vs Hamden

Roxbury vs Beacon Falls - as always, for the route 8 drive

Putnam vs Ansonia

Norfolk vs East Granby

Watertown vs Voluntown - another NL county town underrated

Pomfret vs Suffield

Redding vs Plainfield

Coventry vs Plymouth

Sherman vs Union - mashapaug is gorgeous!

Hartford vs Columbia

Woodstock vs Andover

Hebron vs Franklin - very pretty up route 32

Hampton vs Winchester

Morris vs Vernon

Orange vs Warren

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 3!!!!

Old 03-20-2024, 09:39 AM

752 posts, read 553,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchem View Post
Milford vs Cheshire I know everyone will vote for Milford here. But I feel like of the towns with top school districts Cheshire gets ignored the most. These were actually the two towns our family chose from when we moved in 2020. Milford has the shore and a train station which are two things Cheshire will never have. But it is pretty central to everything, bigger house lots, an awesome school district that is also competitive in many sports. New Cheshire crossing being built now at the 691 exit anchored by Whole Foods. I know it's not a place people go to visit, but it's a great town to raise a family. Some decent eats too, Viron Rondo, Butcher Bro's, Fuoco's, and the owners of Adriana's just sign a 15-year lease to bring a new restaurant to town. Expansion of Bartlem park (where town pool is) is almost done with new turf fields, splash pad, and a great lawn for town events and concerts.
I live in Milford, and I totally relate to this. Cheshire is one of nicest towns in New Haven County. It reminds me of Trumbull-- quiet, mostly residential, with great schools.

Milford is awesome-- I can walk to the train and be in NY in 90 minutes. I can be at the beach in 5.

However, Milford has downsides that Cheshire doesn't, and the schools in Milford, while improving, aren't where they need to be.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:41 AM

837 posts, read 506,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
I live in Milford, and I totally relate to this. Cheshire is one of nicest towns in New Haven County. It reminds me of Trumbull-- quiet, mostly residential, with great schools.

Milford is awesome-- I can walk to the train and be in NY in 90 minutes. I can be at the beach in 5.

However, Milford has downsides that Cheshire doesn't, and the schools in Milford, while improving, aren't where they need to be.
Coast gets a lot weight around here.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:50 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
The difference between Cheshire and Milford schools is one or two right answers on an SBAC and one or two less troublemaker/unmotivated students in the school. That's it, maybe they have better hockey and lacrosse nets too. Neither district has kids doing angioplasty, aortic valve stints and other endovascular procedures.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:59 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
My God, this took forever, go back to the old way

Winners Bracket:

Fairfield

Chester

Norwalk

Old Lyme

Wethersfield

Darien

Westport

Simsbury

Milford

Kent

West Hartford

Stamford

Madison

Wallingford

Essex

Wilton

New Canaan

Westbrook

Ridgefield

Greenwich

Litchfield

Farmington

Branford

Middletown

New Haven v

Salisbury

Glastonbury

Newtown

Old Saybrook

Avon

East Lyme

Weston

Losers Bracket:

Easier to just delete from the right

Manchester - for Ian Curtis, Joy Division and New Order

Killingworth

Enfield

Burlington

Marlborough

Thomaston

Bethlehem

Bozrah

Canaan

Bridgeport

North Haven

Newington

Mansfield

Brooklyn

Thompson

Rocky Hill

New Hartford

Bolton

Salem - For Shon

Bristol

Cornwall v

Ellington

Middlebury

Windsor Locks

Barkhamsted

North Branford

North Canaan

Roxbury
Putnam

Norfolk

Watertown

Pomfret

Redding

Coventry

Sherman

Hartford

Woodstock

Hebron

Hampton

Morris

Orange

Old 03-20-2024, 10:13 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Ha @ Manchester

Old 03-20-2024, 10:15 AM

752 posts, read 553,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Coast gets a lot weight around here.
Appropriately so, I'd say. A coastal town as a big QOL booster for many!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut