Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
SCAM CALL!

I think if the vendors want people to keep their land lines, they will need to find a way to identify and eliminate this garbage. If I have to change my number, I might as well just use the cell and drop the land line altogether, if can convince DH to do it.

Looks like the best route right now is to just not answer calls from numbers I do not recognize.
Excellent idea, but it has to be a basic service without additional fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 03:17 AM

260 posts, read 909,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky.jones View Post
I get about 25 calls a day on my cell phone...I block the callers number so they can not call back from that number, but their list is endless. I have been rude, I have been pleasant, and I have decided, it is a nightmare I have to live with
If you have a smart phone do a search for call control. The basic version is free and you will love it. Here is where I found it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lcontrol&hl=en

Old 02-21-2014, 11:44 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
And if you have an iPhone and the latest operation system (iOS 7) you can just block numbers (including texts).

Old 02-21-2014, 01:22 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
I recently had to research where to complain about harassing phone calls. Here are the links that helped me. Hoping they'll help others.
http://800notes.com/ List a Number on the National Do Not Call Registry | Federal Trade Commission Caller Complaints - Stop Telemarketers And Annoying Unknown Callers - CallerComplaints.com

Old 02-21-2014, 01:28 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Very few people have my cell phone number.
So, when I see that the call is coming from [insert a state other than Colorado here], I just don't answer.

But, these evil buttheads are getting smarter.

Today, the call was from a Colorado number. In fact, it was my own phone number + 2.
Mine is 303.xxx.2264 and the call came "from" 303.xxx.2266.
Stupid me. I answered it.
I have been made aware of some scams involving getting a cell phone owner to call an unidentified caller back, this was on our news last week...I'd call my provider right away and tell them...it may save you lots of trouble later. I'm putting a link here for others to review possible scams r: phones snopes.com: (Fraud & Scams)

Old 03-08-2014, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,114 times
My buddy had a problem with these people calling him repeatedly. He called them 10-15 times in an hour spamming prank calls . They have blocked his number and no longer call him

Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,092 times
They do call cell phones... I only have a cell phone and have received many calls from these persistent creatures! Generally I do not answer but a few days ago I answered before looking at the caller ID.... He wanted to talk to my husband about his medicine... hmmmm husband has been deceased over 2 years!!! The first couple of times they didn't even speak English! I, too, am getting very tired of this nonsense!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,972 times
Default us pharmacy

These devils have been calling me for years, I swear at them, cuss them out all the time, they even will call me and I can hear them laughing in the back ground; You cannot be rude enough to these devils!!!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
I usually keep them on the phone as long as I can and they dont call back when they dont get my details. If you hangup they will always call, make it not worth the effort for them. Blocking their caller ID just means theyll call back on another number.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,982 times
Get a fog horn when they answer the phone and as soon as they start talking let it go in their ear. Trust me, they won't be able to hear for a while. Eventually they will get the message. Or keep them on the phone long enough to have the number traced even if it states "no caller id, they can locate the computer they are calling from.
I'm having an originator put on my phone to trace every incoming call. Call the do not call registry and the Attorney Generals office in your state, these calls are harassment. One idiot told me, I had to pay $200.00 to remove my number.

Last edited by Fedup11; 03-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics