Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 09:17 AM

111 posts, read 136,941 times

Advertisements

UCHRA And Uber Partner To Provide On Demand Transportation In Cookeville

https://newstalk941.com/uchra-and-ub...in-cookeville/
https://herald-citizen.com/stories/u...nd-rides,49566

Quote:
“We hope to have this rolled out by late August. We are very excited for the service, because it will be able to provide service after the normal hours of transportation, and we will be able to offer it on Saturdays and Sundays.”
Quote:
"Once this is operational, Cookeville area riders will be able to request a UCHRA trip through the Uber app," she said. "So, if you're sitting in the middle of Cookeville, and you and a group want to go grab some lunch, but don't want to fool with the traffic, just click that Uber app and Pickup UC ... will be an option."
This is such a cool announcement. I don't think Uber/Lyft have been very popular here. If it's for a lack of drivers or a lack of demand? I can't really say. I guess we'll find out now since UCHRA will be providing the drivers. Hopefully they'll be bring their super affordable 1.00-2.50 dollar rates with them.

I could definitely see UCHRA+Uber being used on a Friday/Saturday night in Cookeville.

Here is an example of the current Ride Upper Cumberland service map/rates which "offers door-to-door public transportation"

A full list of the service maps may be found here: https://ucpublictransit.com/services/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 08:13 AM

529 posts, read 491,832 times
Drove by the new Holiday Inn on Willow at the I-40, and it opened this weekend.

Old 06-16-2021, 01:09 PM

262 posts, read 523,637 times
Does anyone know what is being built south of the new police station on Neal across S. Maple?

Old 06-17-2021, 05:36 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post
Does anyone know what is being built south of the new police station on Neal across S. Maple?
I drove by there today to see what you were referring to. It doesn't look like it has anything to do with the police station which was my initial thought, as it has its own portapotty. It's times like this when I wish the city would update its building permits daily instead of having to wait til the next month which I guess we'll have to do if no one else knows what this is. It's not a very large construction site, whatever it is.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-17-2021, 06:16 PM

The wife said it was probably a Dunkin Donuts lol

Old 06-18-2021, 10:35 AM

667 posts, read 763,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyrich View Post

Are you talking about a property that borders Neal and S. Maple, om the south side of Maple?

Old 06-18-2021, 02:59 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
Are you talking about a property that borders Neal and S. Maple, om the south side of Maple?
I think loonyrich meant Old Walton Road, not Maple Ave. I attached a map of the area. In blue is where the new police HQ is going. In red is (roughly) the area in question, if I understood loonyrich. It's much too small to be a gas station or fast food joint. It doesn't look big enough to be much more than a parking lot. I have no idea what's going there. I did think the Dunkin Donuts joke was funny.

Side note: I'm surprised anything is being built there at all. I've been told that that large wedge-shaped area bordered by Neal, Maple, and Old Walton is littered with caves and sinkholes and will never be developed. It could become a nice park with some cross country and fitness trails, but that'll probably never happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville developments and rumors-capture.png  

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-18-2021, 06:55 PM

JMT your map is correct but after asking several people I still don't know what this is. And you are also correct about the sinkholes and caves on that piece of property. Where they are building is probably the only part of that tract that is buildable.

Old 06-19-2021, 02:54 AM

667 posts, read 763,984 times
Thanks for the additional info.

I happen to be in that area yesterday and saw the property in question. That's a 1 acre residential lot that was sold December 2020 with no prior sales on record so probably subdivided from the much larger AG property that adjoins it.

A portion of that lot was leveled and has construction equipment sitting on it.

To me it looks like for now it might be used as part of the new police station construction to store equipment and whatnot.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:59 AM

162 posts, read 178,450 times
I noticed that the building where Elite Auto Sales (855 E 10th St) has been demolished. It looked to be an old house for the building. I wonder if anything is planned to be built there.

Also, the former diner / Village Kitchen (841 E 10th St) is up for online auction until July 8th at Tay's Auction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville