Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,532 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Corpus at the end of December. This is the first time moving out of San Antonio so very excited and nervous. We went to look at apartments last month but had no luck. Prices are higher then in San Antonio! Any suggestions would be great. I'm moving for school so we want to stay with in 15 min. drive of the university. Even a rental home would be ok if in a decent area. My husband's going back to look at more places in 2 weeks so we definitly need more ideas. Does anyone know if Ocean Drive Estates are ok??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 PM

286 posts, read 569,935 times
Plenty of rental houses and apartments in the area. 15 minutes from TAMU is most of the city.
Many places don't like renting out more than a month or so in advance because of the "vacation destination" moniker, but you'll still be able to find a place hopefully.
If you ask them, many will do short term rentals as well (6 months).

Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments and Corpus Christi Apartments For Rent and other Corpus Christi Rentals — Trulia.com both allow you to set filters for the size and price of a rental.

Both allow you to see the search results on a map overlay.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM

41 posts, read 146,860 times
I'm currently at the Bay Club (moved down here from Wichita & had to find an apartment that day LOL) but it's in a perfect spot (husband works on NAS) its near shops, 10 min to beach, 15 min to downtown, etc. its $550 for a 1bed, 1bath - they also offer 2bed, 1bath & 2 bed, 2baths. we moved from a 3bed/2bath house with garage in Wichita & all of our stuff fits in the one bedroom (king size bed, two huge dressers) - we just put our grill & garage stuff in storage. People in the complex have been friendly and will stop to help you if they see you need it Maintenance is also quick to show up and fix whatever problem you might have, if they don't show up within 48hrs they take $25/day off your rent. my only complain is the kitchen is tiny & not updated like some of the other apartments, but theres only two of us, so its works for now. www.mybayclub.com

Old 12-07-2011, 03:19 AM

1,678 posts, read 4,012,903 times
Thats a pretty decent price on an apartment, marini! When I first moved down in the Corpus area back in March 2009, we stayed at The Rafters, which is out in Calallen at the Violet Rd. exit on I-37. We were paying $740/mo for a 2 bed/2 bath. Bought a house in late 2009 here in Portland, and are very happy here (although my commute to work sucks.. I work in the 5 Points area).

Ian

Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 PM

25 posts, read 59,509 times
Stay away from Wood River. Nothing is ever fixed. The model looks nothing like the actual apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi