Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
No offense, but (a) you read too much into **** and (b) you got the wrong idea from it.

He called them losers because they did this bombing. It has nothing to do with "OH he hasn't seem them in years, how can he call them losers if he hasn't seem them in years?"

Give me a break.

Give ME a break! According to the uncle's interview, being losers caused them to create the bomb, not the other way around.

From the interview:

Quote:
Asked what he believed provoked the two men accused in the attack, Tsarni said: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves, these are the only reasons I can imagine.

My point is that the uncle didn't know his nephews that well at all, and lost contact with their father. He didn't know anything of their day-to-day lives, thought they were "unsettled" without friends.

Fromt the interview:

Quote:
Tsarni said that for personal reasons he has not seen his nephews since December 2005… Tsarni said he hasn't spoken to his brother since 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
They certainly are not as described by their classmates;that's is for sure. You are aguing about the wording i english about a uncle whop is russian speakig in english ansering a question with a micrphone shoved in his face. Losers works when you think of the actions and whar we know about them.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
They certainly are not as described by their classmates;that's is for sure. you arguing about what a uncle who had media shoving a microphone i his face and ask a quaetion qand your critising his choice of words to describe these cold blooded killers? Give us a break as we have seen these reacitons and hunting for a word to describe in other incidents.
I'm questioning why the uncle was even saying anything at all, since by his own account, he really didn't know them. The classmates saw them every day. But in reality, it seems like NO one really knew them.

If you were related to them, would you be speaking to the media?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I might because the media is going to hound you and I would want the media to know that they are representative of all Chechens or the rest of the family.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
To those who speculated about tax day;
those who speculated about home grown militia

Feel stupid now do you? Good.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
I'm questioning why the uncle was even saying anything at all, since by his own account, he really didn't know them. The classmates saw them every day. But in reality, it seems like NO one really knew them.

If I were a media ***** I would.

This family can't seem to get enough camera time. The uncle, dad and aunt have now all given interviews.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
To those who speculated about tax day;
those who speculated about home grown militia

Feel stupid now do you? Good.
No one should feel stupid about speculating that this could have been homegrown terrorists. It's happened in the past and, unfortunately, will happen again in the future. There was as good a chance that they were domestic terrorists as foreign-born.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:

I think if anything, the uncle's purpose was to say that their actions shouldn't reflect on a specific nationality, not that he had any real perspective of what they were like as individuals. He was pretty upset that they not only shamed the family name but also his country.

I don't know if I would speak to the media if, god forbid, something like this happened in my family. However, I get the impression that the media was camped out in front of this guy's house for most of the morning prior to his statements. (At the end of the conference he asked them to please respect his property from now on). Perhaps he just wanted them off his back?

But I agree-- no one really knew them at all.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Blinx I'm questioning why the uncle was even saying anything at all, since by his own account, he really didn't know them. The classmates saw them every day. But in reality, it seems like NO one really knew them.
Regardless, you never really know someone unless you live with them, and even then sometimes, you don't REALLY know them...and I speak from experience....

Quote:
Me, I would be so completely and utterly devestated that a family member shamed his family like that...I would be devestated for the victims...and their families....no, I wouldn't want to speak to the media, but we are all different, and feel differently...maybe they are trying to get to the kid to turn himself in?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No T service at all today! (train) People in Watertown are to stay inside. Do not go out. Surreal situation in the Boston area. in lockdown. Thank goodness it is daylight now and maybe they can find the second suspect.

The bomber died and had multiple injuries from explosives as well as gun shots.
Talk about over reaction. Shut down an entire city because of one armed crazy guy on the lose. Hell there are armed crazy people all over this country. At that rate the entire country should be permanently locked down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events