Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

Does George Zimmerman’s car hero story add up? - Salon.com Now there is speculation whether Zimmerman actually rescued anyone.

Has the police person who supposedly spoke with Zimmerman after the rescue come forward? The rescued family refuses to come forward.

I bought this story, but now I wonder. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
They might be parts of the story that makes the rescued people hesitant to talk. For example, how did they get into the situation in the first place? Was it an accident or the fault of one of those rescued? Would you want to make something like that a public spectacle knowing what happened with Zimmerman?

Not everyone is a media hound and most people would rather not make front page news.

As for what really happened, it doesn't really matter. Since Zimmerman wasn't the one to bring it up or make it a big deal, probably best to let those who did answer to that.

Zimmerman could save a drowning victim on live TV with millions watching and there would be questions about the event being real.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:21 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
They might be parts of the story that makes the rescued people hesitant to talk. For example, how did they get into the situation in the first place? Was it an accident or the fault of one of those rescued? Would you want to make something like that a public spectacle knowing what happened with Zimmerman?

Not everyone is a media hound and most people would rather not make front page news.

As for what really happened, it doesn't really matter. Since Zimmerman wasn't the one to bring it up or make it a big deal, probably best to let those who did answer to that.

Zimmerman could save a drowning victim on live TV with millions watching and there would be questions about the event being real.
agree, just let it lie.

Heard that the people are afraid general public would react negatively and intrude.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Was Trayvon a little angel like the media tried to paint him to be?

Nope a majority of people saw him for what he was, just another thug.

The media will continue its attack on Zimmerman unabated given the rapid failure of said PR campaign.

My thoughts? The media holds no water, but hey if it's written in AP Style it's ok.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:50 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,831 times
This is actually pretty humorous. Not that I watch or listen to him but I read that the day this story broke, Rush Limbaugh predicted that the haters would claim this story was made up.

I read that the family are afraid of getting accused of making this up and getting threats, which I understand has already happened.

But you go ahead and roll with the idea that the police just made this all up for some strange reason.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:56 AM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Does George Zimmerman’s car hero story add up? - Salon.com Now there is speculation whether Zimmerman actually rescued anyone.

Has the police person who supposedly spoke with Zimmerman after the rescue come forward? The rescued family refuses to come forward.

Zimmerman gave a story? When did that happen?

Oh, never mind. Salon. 'Nuf said.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:22 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Nope, not at all. The cop wanna-be just probably called one of his buddies to make him look good.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
No cell phone pics of the guy on scene, no viable comments from the persons he was supposed to have saved no press interview by the mysterious cop,not even a picture of the vehicle involved,just no evidence whatsoever that this event took place,,just too many unanswered questions, i'm surprised ABC ran with such a full of holes story, i dont buy it and think ABC has now gone to that world of "we report you decide"

Last edited by jambo101; 07-27-2013 at 05:52 AM..

Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No cell phone pics of the guy on scene, no viable comments from the persons he was supposed to have saved no press interview by the mysterious cop,not even a picture of the vehicle involved,just no evidence whatsoever that this event took place,,just too many unanswered questions, i'm surprised ABC ran with such a full of holes story, i dont buy it and think ABC has now gone to that world of "we report you decide"
You must not live here.

The attorney was on the local news last night and said the family had intended to thank Mr Zimmerman and the other person publicly but they have received death threats and now fear to do so.

there were pictures on the local news and it looked just like the story as I understand it. wreck, overturned vehicle, fire, 4 people pulled out by 2 concerned citizens who gave their reports to the police and left the scene.

But you must not live here or you would know. Guess the police report is available if you really wanted the facts. Think it was state police, to help you out on that.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Finally. Something to make the MNM cover the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events