Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:02 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Kicking the drug habit is just like kicking the drinking habit only a million times harder.

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic and once a drug user you are always an addict.

For all you self righteous who think only losers are addicted get over yourself.

Unless you have a family member addicted you have no idea.
A lot of us actually DO have a family member addicted and that is why we feel as we do. I know addiction is a disease but who chooses to put a heroine needle in his arm just once except someone who is extremely careless with his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 PM

810 posts, read 1,449,461 times
Why arent there more women dying of overdoses ??

This is just more male dominance

Old 02-03-2014, 08:22 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Truthfully, some of these talented people including Carrie Fisher, have mental health issues which lend towards being more creative and a need to self medicate with drugs.

Or, people who use drugs tend to develop serious mental health issues.

Chicken > Egg.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I, too, wonder how someone tries heroin for just that first time. Knowing ALL we know about it's deadly and addictive nature.

Even in college when I did my share of experimenting ~ something like heroine was always going to be that bridge too far.

It IS a shame because I thought he was a good and talented actor.
Many, if not most, get addicted via prescription opiates. That stuff is so commonly prescribed, it's addictive and some get hooked, and then it progresses. Also some people are more prone to be addicts also. Look at these, they are all basically permutations of heroin itself. I don't think it's that people specifically seek out heroin, it's just they start down an addictive path that ultimately leads to it.

heroin:

codeine:

morphine:

oxycodone:

hydrocodone:

Old 02-04-2014, 12:22 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Why arent there more women dying of overdoses ??

This is just more male dominance
Hmm. Interesting. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'd be interested in seeing some stats.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 AM

10,641 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Mutli-millionaire, oscar-winning, wife and 3 kids...
Why would one even think about trying heroin?
Stick to weed and if you really need to use hard drugs just do cocaine once in a while like the rest of hollywood.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,476,683 times
[quote=Davy-040;33318091]millionaire think about trying heroin?

I have know 2, probably more ufortunately, that do that junk. It's scary they just "nod off" and wake up acting erratic. This guy pres. of smb cna shop worked up make around 200k missed work when him and his horrible girlfriend introduced him to that junk...................he lost almost every thing? house yes, not fired because the loved him surrogate son or something but demoted to line worker to over fair time and proof not using became president again.

Other guy big wall street/futures trader running own hedge fund has been in trouble with that. He said the PTSD he suffered serving in IDF, changed him for slight good, but definitely bad. He make north of 500 k, but can't stop it, been busted a few times even.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 AM

332 posts, read 498,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
If you take a close look at history - whether painters, musicians, composers, actors, writers - you will find some of the best also battled demons. Agree to disagree, but until you live someone else's life you should not be so critical. Yes, we make choices, but those who make poor choices often struggle with them -and they too have people who love and care for them - flaws and all. Being in the public eye just makes it that much more visible. It must be very painful for the loved ones and friends to read such harsh critiques.
Sorry but 99% of people have "demons" of some sort. This tortured artist stuff is a cop out. Been there, seen it close up. Only an idiot would put a needle in their arm and think "this will end well". I actually found PSH's later acting to be far more one-dimensional, when he was supposedly back on drugs.

I also found it far more painful to be the one caring about the addict............I had to walk away to save myself. I wasn't a priority to him so therefore I had to make myself a priority, for my mental health. PSH's kids didn't have that choice.

Nobody wins.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,363,482 times
A true tragedy. My thoughts go to his family and friends. RIP PSH.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
What's become apparent to me as a result of this event is how many people mix up the words "heroin" and "heroine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events