Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 10:53 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Trayvonn had 100% of the fault for attacking Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't do anything that would cause Trayvonn's attack upon him to be justified.

And Trayvonn did nothing that would cause Zimmeran's suspicion of him to be justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 11:00 AM

10,730 posts, read 5,664,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
And Trayvonn did nothing that would cause Zimmeran's suspicion of him to be justified.
Which is something that you have absolutely zero knowledge of. However, it doesn't matter. "Justified" suspicion or not. Racial profiling or not. At the end of the day, what matters is that Tray Tray initiated a violent attack upon Zimmerman, and ended up getting killed. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Again..how was he acting suspicious??? I'm black so am I suspicious???? I guess so by you and Zimmerman's logic.
Yes, by our logic and practically anyone with any intelligence whatsoever.

Notice how the 911 operator actually dispatched police to the location? Why? Because it did constitute suspicious behavior.

Quote:
Obviously you don't know the definition of suspicious. Let me help you out:

: causing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly : causing suspicion
: having or showing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly : feeling or showing suspicion

The FACT that Zimmerman called 911 proves that he had a feeling that something was wrong.

The FACT that the 911 operator dispatched police to the scene proves that it was reasonable for Zimmerman to feel that way.

Quote:
Which is something that you have absolutely zero knowledge of.
When you (referring to PJA) are running on 100% emotion and choose to ignore all of the facts, zero knowledge doesn't matter.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:49 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, by our logic and practically anyone with any intelligence whatsoever.

Notice how the 911 operator actually dispatched police to the location? Why? Because it did constitute suspicious behavior.

Obviously you don't know the definition of suspicious. Let me help you out:

: causing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly : causing suspicion
: having or showing a feeling that something is wrong or that someone is behaving wrongly : feeling or showing suspicion

The FACT that Zimmerman called 911 proves that he had a feeling that something was wrong.

The FACT that the 911 operator dispatched police to the scene proves that it was reasonable for Zimmerman to feel that way.

When you (referring to PJA) are running on 100% emotion and choose to ignore all of the facts, zero knowledge doesn't matter.
So what was he doing that was suspicious???

Why is it the blacks are always the suspicious looking ones?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:56 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
I just want to know what to do and what to tell my kids to do when "the man" has deemed them suspicious.

If I teach them to not talk to strangers that could be perceived as with holding evidence, being belligerent or conspiracy to commit a crime or cover an ongoing crime.

I can't tell them to run away and find a public place with more witnesses or a police officer because running implies guilt.

I also want to protect them from strangers who would do them harm like child molesters but unless they submit to any stranger who says "Halt, who goes there." They are deemed suspicious.

Quite the conundrum.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I just want to know what to do and what to tell my kids to do when "the man" has deemed them suspicious. If I teach them to not talk to strangers that could be perceived as with holding evidence, being belligerent or conspiracy to commit a crime or covet an ongoing crime.

I can't tell them to run away and find a public place with more witnesses or a police offer because running implies guilt.

I also want to protect them from strangers who would do them harm like child molesters but unless they submit to any stranger who says "Halt, who goes there." They are deemed suspicious.
Tell them not to attack people. That will go a long way towards keeping them out of trouble.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Tell them not to attack people. That will go a long way towards keeping them out of trouble.
Great so that means they can't defend themselves from someone that intends to do them harm. Self defense and SYG don't apply to people like me.

I knew that going in, I just thought you might have something new to share.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Great so that means they can't defend themselves from someone that intends to do them harm.
What are you talking about? I neither said nor suggested any such thing.

Quote:
Self defense and SYG don't apply to people like me.
Why not?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I neither said nor suggested any such thing.
Why not?
You protect and laud the actions of a man who used both laws to walk away from gunning down an innocent black teen.

I look at this case and the loud music case and realize that if someone with an Axe to grind wants to kill a black teenager, the laws are practically in his favor.

I worry about what may happen to some lunatic who decides he wants to prey on young people and use these laws and circumstances to protect him if things go awry.

You can't see or appreciate that because you are too busy praising GZ and vilifying TM.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM

368 posts, read 396,011 times
Quote:
You protect and laud the actions of a man who used both laws to walk away from gunning down an innocent black teen.

I look at this case and the loud music case and realize that if someone with an Axe to grind wants to kill a black teenager, the laws are practically in his favor.

I worry about what may happen to some lunatic who decides he wants to prey on young people and use these laws and circumstances to protect him if things go awry.

You can't see or appreciate that because you are too busy praising GZ and vilifying TM.
People still continue to praise this guy and put him on a pedestal as a hero, despite his extensive criminal record outside of this incident. Sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events