Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Too bad, and you're still wrong.
You're entitled to your opinion - and I am entitled to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 09:38 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,178,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I just read that the boxing match has been canceled. Here is a quote from the promoter:

"The George Zimmerman fight is canceled I'm sorry for anyone I hurt with this but this was a very big opportunity thank you
— Damon Feldman (@hollywoodbox11) February 8, 2014"
Good! I'm glad its cancelled. Zimmerman nor DMX should be using that tragedy to increase their fame.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think your post is very rude.

And, yes, I watched the trial and I believe Zimmerman got away with murder.

Of course he got away with murder! Zimmerman is an aggressive career criminal who has already been in trouble twice since then. He's the thug.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Well, you may have read "a ton of posts" but you obviously missed the ones where he was hailed a "hero" for taking out the "thug."

And, yes, the word "hero" was used many times.
Well, here is what I did. I did a CD search using "Zimmerman" to find the thread with the most posts.

It was this thread - http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...zimmerman.html - which was 133 pages long with 1,320 posts.

Martin was only referred to as a "hero" one single time on page 47. There were tons of posts saying he wasn't a "hero", pages 9. 24. 46, 48, etc. but only a single occasion where someone said he was a "hero".

I'm guessing I could find more posts on CD where people say they've seen UFO's.

There are a ton of posts agreeing with Zimmerman's actions that night; however, there is a big difference between saying that the actions by a person are correct and calling that person a hero or someone to hold in high regard.

My guess is that when you read posts stating that his actions were either correct or not against the law, you view them through your emotional glasses and believe those posts are supportive of the person and not the event. There is a big difference.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion - and I am entitled to mine.
So, it's apparently your belief that if a person is being assaulted, and they defend themselves which results in the death of their attacker, that person is guilty of murder?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, it's apparently your belief that if a person is being assaulted, and they defend themselves which results in the death of their attacker, that person is guilty of murder?
I would agree IF Zimmerman hadn't approached Trayvonn. Trayvonn was the one defending himself against someone harassing him because he thought he was a "thug".

Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Actually, you are veering way off topic.

This forum is "current events" and this thread is about a proposed fight between some rapper and Zimmerman.

What happened between Zimmerman and an unarmed Trayvon two years ago, and the subsequent trial, is basically "old news" and doesn't belong here. If you would like to start another thread about it in a more appropriate forum, I would be more than happy to tell you what I really think.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Damn. It would have been fun to see DMX whoop his azz

Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I would agree IF Zimmerman hadn't approached Trayvonn. Trayvonn was the one defending himself against someone harassing him because he thought he was a "thug".
There was not a single bit of testimony or evidence showing the Zimmerman approached Martin. The only testimony was that of Zimmerman saying that he was looking to see where Martin went so that he could let the police know.

As far as self defense, every piece of evidence supports Zimmerman's claim that Martin attacked him. The only witnesses only saw Martin on top of Zimmerman beating him "MMA ground and pound style" and the coroner's report showing only defensive wounds on Zimmerman and, with the exception of the gunshot wound, only offensive wounds on Martin. The CSI report shows that the gunshot was fired while Zimmerman was on his back with Martin on top of him.

You might want to actually look at the facts.

Quote:
Actually, you are veering way off topic.

This forum is "current events" and this thread is about a proposed fight between some rapper and Zimmerman.

What happened between Zimmerman and an unarmed Trayvon two years ago, and the subsequent trial, is basically "old news" and doesn't belong here. If you would like to start another thread about it in a more appropriate forum, I would be more than happy to tell you what I really think.
Funny that you didn't type the same thing to those on here that brought up the past when calling Zimmerman a murderer, which is factually not the case.

Of course it's a good way to try to deflect my question as to whether you consider self defense murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Damn. It would have been fun to see DMX whoop his azz
It wouldn't have lasted more than a minute. DMX would have destroyed Zimmerman.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Funny that you didn't type the same thing to those on here that brought up the past when calling Zimmerman a murderer, which is factually not the case.
Ok - here it is in a nutshell: I believe Zimmerman stalked Trayvon through a neighborhood that Trayvon had every right to be in.

I believe that it is possible, knowing he was being followed and not knowing who was following him or why, that Trayvon took the first punch (although I don't believe that was ever proven beyond doubt - I think it is also possible that Zimmerman made the first physical contact, possibly trying to "detain" Trayvon).

I believe that Zimmerman likely would not have stalked Trayvon if he hadn't been armed.

I believe if Zimmerman had called 9-1-1 and then stayed in his vehicle, Trayvon would still be alive and we would never have heard of either of them.

I believe Trayvon felt threatened and that he was defending himself against an unknown stranger.

I believe Zimmerman initiated the events that caused an unarmed teenager to die and that he should have been held accountable and that the cops and the prosecution team did a **** poor job of proving it, allowing Zimmerman to get away with murder.

I also believe the trial is over, the jury spoke (no matter how much I disagree with the verdict), and that Zimmerman should just crawl back into anonymity and quit trying to shove his disgusting face into the public eye.

And that is all I will say. I will not be baited into going back over the crime, the trial, and the verdict. If you want to read any more of what I had to say about it, you can go back through my posts in all the other Zimmerman threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events